Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! The ol' Marauder guy here again, with a question this time: Does anybody know if the Chargers being rented by Thrifty have the 3.5 or the 2.7 in 'em?

Reason I ask is...I've got one right now. I've just moved to Honolulu and my Marauder is on a ship steaming westward from Oakland-San Fran right now; gonna be a few weeks before I see it again. Was able to cop an Inferno Red SE model from the Thrifty franchise by HNL International Airport. It's really basic---doesn't even have the Autostick option in it---but I'm really liking it and feel obliged to ask....

In fact, I like it so much that I'm considered trading away the Marauder for a SXT. I'm grossly upside down on the Marauder---payoff's in the neighborhood of 22k, on a 2003!---but the gas mileage I'm getting with this SE, coupled with the fact that Mercury totally abandoned the Marauder as fast as they made it is leading me to the conclusion that it may be time to get a fresh horse, so to speak.

So...can anybody tell me?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The SE and SXT have the 3.5. As a matter of fact it should have the "3.5" emblem on the side of the car.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Almost all of the "rental" Chargers are 2.7L V6's but, the general public cannot buy them that way...only "fleet" buyers can...

·
Registered
322 Posts
marauder307 said:
Hi folks! The ol' Marauder guy here again, with a question this time: Does anybody know if the Chargers being rented by Thrifty have the 3.5 or the 2.7 in 'em?

Reason I ask is...I've got one right now. I've just moved to Honolulu and my Marauder is on a ship steaming westward from Oakland-San Fran right now; gonna be a few weeks before I see it again. Was able to cop an Inferno Red SE model from the Thrifty franchise by HNL International Airport. It's really basic---doesn't even have the Autostick option in it---but I'm really liking it and feel obliged to ask............................................................

........................................So...can anybody tell me?

I have read that the Rental Chargers are only the 2.7L model and that they only have the "Charger" name Badge - no engine size badge. They also have a "lesser" suspension (lesser handling).

- Also, because you noted that it does not have the auto-stick in it - It is probably a 2.7L fleet car - it's definitely not an "SE" model.

- All of the standard publicly available Chargers have the auto-stick - it's not an option.

- Pop the hood - my "SE" has 3.5L V6 on the engine.

- If you decide to but the "SE" or the "SXT", you can expect more "pep" from the V6 (and probably a little worse gas mileage). You can also expect better ride handling.

Brian T.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas...after I made that post I thought, "You big dummy...just go look. It's sitting right in the garage!" So I did...it's a 2.7 alright. Man! It's got a least a little go to it...the 3.5 must be pretty ballsy for a V-6! May go through with the trade...just gotta get my MM off the ship.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts