Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am confused about struts brands that have a fit specifications ( w/o police package or w/o performance suspension and without self leveling ? So wich struts it will fit on a 2010 police car?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Any kind that fits your year model will fit the car, but if you want to replace what’s on it (assuming still stock) with comparable dampers, you want the HD or Performance in front and set-leveling in the rear.

Personally, I ditched the self-leveling when I installed lowering springs and went with Sachs Performance all the way around. Then I ended up switching to Bilstein B6 all the way around and like those better with the lowered springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any kind that fits your year model will fit the car, but if you want to replace what’s on it (assuming still stock) with comparable dampers, you want the HD or Performance in front and set-leveling in the rear.

Personally, I ditched the self-leveling when I installed lowering springs and went with Sachs Performance all the way around. Then I ended up switching to Bilstein B6 all the way around and like those better with the lowered springs.
Thanks for you response I appreciate it , I guess I just want to replaced by any kind i just was confused about if I needed same high perfomance struts , so you think if a buy a regular ones it can't affect the handle of the car ? And wich brand you reccomend me I want to replace all 4

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
It won’t necessarily have a negative effect on the handling but it will likely handle differently with different shocks and struts.

I would try the Sachs Performance shocks and struts for the first set of replacements. They are the OEM for the regular cars’ dampers, and the Performance line is what it would have had if not a cop car.

Actually it would have had the Touring line I guess, that’s what the v6s got. And the Performance line was for the V8s, but they’ll work on yours just fine...better than the Touring IMHO.

Anyway, those Sachs units will be relatively inexpensive and still perform well. If you decide you’d like a firmer or more sporty ride, you can upgrade to the Bilstein B6 units. I really like them, but they are going to be about twice what the Sachs units cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It won’t necessarily have a negative effect on the handling but it will likely handle differently with different shocks and struts.

I would try the Sachs Performance shocks and struts for the first set of replacements. They are the OEM for the regular cars’ dampers, and the Performance line is what it would have had if not a cop car.

Actually it would have had the Touring line I guess, that’s what the v6s got. And the Performance line was for the V8s, but they’ll work on yours just fine...better than the Touring IMHO.

Anyway, those Sachs units will be relatively inexpensive and still perform well. If you decide you’d like a firmer or more sporty ride, you can upgrade to the Bilstein B6 units. I really like them, but they are going to be about twice what the Sachs units cost.
Thanks very much I appreciate you help I will try those struts !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts