Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im real lost with the tuning stuff I read everyone talk about but based on what I read, it seems im missing out on alot of fun!

Question is, do the tuners you guys talk about have "pre-set" tunes for clueless people like me, that make the hemi run better / shift better / etc, or does the user have to custom tune everything?

If you have one of these devices, how do you go about installing the new tunes or codes in the charger?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump:

c'mon, I see half this forum talk about "the predator" etc, someone gotta tell me something!!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Both the Superchips and the Predator (when it comes out) have pre-set tunes. Just plug it into the receiver under the dash and follow the simple on screen instructions. My Superchips makes it run better, shift better, reduces torque management, adjusts the speedo (for larger/smaller wheels), etc. It's worth every single penny, IMO.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd wait until people can dyno-tune our cars, as it will should be around $500 also .. but it will be maximizing your specific car's potential.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Using the SuperChips Flashpaq is very easy. You can select preset tunes or select a (very) limited number of variables to change. I only wish it had more variables so you could do a true "custom" tune but I'm hopeful that more features will be added somewhere down the line. My guess is that will come about the same time when the Predator finally releases their way overdue product.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'd wait until people can dyno-tune our cars, as it will should be around $500 also .. but it will be maximizing your specific car's potential.
The predator lets you dyno tune your car. You buy the predator then pay a Diablo Dealer to do the tuning on a dyno. You can use the predator to load the custom tune anytime you need to.

Anyway for the OP it works like this. The Preset/Canned tunes are generic tunes that should be pretty close to optimal for most stock setups. Now of course a custom tune would adjust for your area's altitude and weather, but is really not needed for stock vehicles.

A Custom tune is when you have a shop put your car on a dyno and adjust all the parameters for your car's specific upgrades. Diablo recommends this for cars that have more than just exhaust and CAI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts