Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there hp gains to come from better fuel rails and better injectors on a mildly modded 5.7 , considering this to go with a new cam?? any help is aprec...:beerchug:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
If you're gonna be making SRT8-level power (about 425 hp at the crank), then you should be running SRT8-level fuel system ...

For my build, I went with a used set of 6.1 injectors that I bought off another member on another forum ... I'm estimated to be at about 450-475 crank HP so the 6.1 injectors were a requirement so that the stock 5.7 injectors wouldn't overwork themselves and fail ...

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Upgrading the injectors are a must at some point, but Im running 450 whp with 44 lbs/hr injectors on my stock RT fuel rails. I dont thnk the fuel rails are a needed upgrade. She hasnt run out of gas yet. pressure is fine even up top, I havnet seen any proof that they need to be upgraded till the 450 whp range.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yeah, when I said "SRT8-level fuel system" I didn't mean to change the rails too ... just the injectors.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks great advice i'm looking into it now!:D AWD killer silver brutha, love your sled!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts