Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the stock Daytona corsa exhaust, it sounds very nice at WOT and even at low end sounds nice and rough. However, I do enjoy a bit more "ROAR" sort of speak, from my exhaust.

I don't want to spend tons of cash right now for a full exhaust, so I am wondering what would be my best option to open up that V8 sound, without hurting back pressure, fuel mileage, power, etc.

I was thinking possibly eliminating a resonator? However, in my old 2000 300M this hurt performance a bit.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I love the stock Daytona corsa exhaust, it sounds very nice at WOT and even at low end sounds nice and rough. However, I do enjoy a bit more "ROAR" sort of speak, from my exhaust.

I don't want to spend tons of cash right now for a full exhaust, so I am wondering what would be my best option to open up that V8 sound, without hurting back pressure, fuel mileage, power, etc.

I was thinking possibly eliminating a resonator? However, in my old 2000 300M this hurt performance a bit.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
High flow cats or headers and cats both!:banana:

·
Registered
341 Posts
A few of the vendors on this forum carrry high-flow cats. I've never seen a group buy on them, but if you are buying a combination of things from the same vendor, you can check their online price for each item, t-h-e-n... you can give them a phone call and ask for a discount since you saw them on the Charger Forums and you're buying more-than-one item for your exhaust. I'd recommend the Blastin' Bobs 6db resonators w/chromed tailpipes (your choice of rolled or flared, both are stunning compared to stock). If you have the extra cash, get some FlowMaster Super 44 mufflers.

I did the whole mess: CAI, catch-can, 185 t-stat, shorty headers, high-flow cats, mufflers, and resonators. I'd say the mufflers and the resonators are the biggest contributors to sound. If you want to drown out your radio even when idling, then leave the resonators off altogther and get straight pipe instead of resonators. Blastin' Bob sells a 'reso-deleted' version (called the 11db kit), and that will wake up your neighborhood (but drown out your radio and let 'MDS drone' occur (the resos are the cure for that).

If I were on-a-budget right now... I'd go with the Blastin' Bobs upgrade w/ FlowMaster Super 44s (they even have them in full-stainless steel if you are worried about long-term rust-through). This combo will give you 'more' sound, without drowning out your radio. If you are going 'hard core'... then maybe you should look into no resos (straight pipe).

No matter what you pick... it'll take a few months for the 'true' sound of the mod to show itself. At that point the parts have had time to heat/cool and carbon builds up in them. Then they usually sound 'better' and a little louder too.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'd look at HHP and BMC

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks Lovin'it!

From the sounds of what you are looking for your best bet and best deal for the $$ is going to be to start with a catback system. It definitley doesn't seem like your going to want to start taking parts off the motor to replace headers and such. If the cat back isnt enough (which it should be) to get you the sound your looking for, then you can go from there.

Here's a whole list of exhausts that we carry for the cat back systems on the charger Charger Cat Back Options from BMC Performance

Typically i'd reccomend you the corsa's as they definitley have the best no-drone rep and great sound when you open them up, but they are a little pricey. After that i'd reccomend the bassani. It's one of the best all around and for a pretty fair price as well so i would be sure to check out that system. If you run into any questions or anything feel free to ask!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Flowmaster Super 44 all the way :bigthumb:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'd look at HHP and BMC
Yes - I bought from HHP (after checking out prices all-around). That's when I got my JBA Shorties and high-flow cats. You 'may' start throwing codes when you put the high-flow cats on... but not-to-worry, they are usually rare, so you will be 'ok' for smog checks (if your state has 'em). You're going to want to get a Predator (if you don't have one yet) and reset the codes before you go in. Also, you can eliminate these codes by turning off your rear O2 sensors (w/ Predator).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts