Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Eibach coil overs installed on my TB Daytona, the shop that installed them lowered the front at 3" and the back 1.75". Eventhough it looks great with the black Viper rims, the car rides rough. There is no give on the bumps in the road. is this typical with this suspension or did the shop lower the front too much? I am thinking because they went 3" on the front which is the max for the coil overs, that there is no play in the shock. Is this typical with these coil overs or should I raise the front some to soften the ride?
thanks

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Sorry that I can't answer your query but do you have any pics of it lowered? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
:lol: lowered the front three inches? and now it rides like crap?
:lol:

Thats like saying i stuck a bunch of nails in my tire and i dont know why it wont hold air

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I told the shop to give the car a slight rake and they told me they will lower the front 2" and the back 1.75" when I picked it up it looked awesome, but when I read the paper work it said front 3" and back 1.75". So this is why I brought the question out to the forums for anyone out there that has experience with these coil overs, fortunately my tires are fine. I tried to post some pictures but my computer isnt cooperating, I will keep trying.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you need to adjust them up and re align

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
WAAAAAAAY too low in the front...while you techincally can lower them that much, there are recommended limits from KW (who makes the kit for Eibach) for min and max lowering, I think you need to go up a 1/2 inch at minimum, I would go up about an inch in front, keep in mind the car will settle over time so if it is 3" low now it will settle a bit more..so if you lower 2" you will end up lowering 2.25" at least once it settles.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I just had the alignment done Thursday,so if I raise the front up 1" I will have to have it aligned again? Will it ride smoother? I will need to return to the shop that put them on since they charged me $500. to install and align. Thanks again for all of your input

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
:lol: lowered the front three inches? and now it rides like crap?
:lol:

Thats like saying i stuck a bunch of nails in my tire and i dont know why it wont hold air
lol

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just had the alignment done Thursday,so if I raise the front up 1" I will have to have it aligned again? Will it ride smoother? I will need to return to the shop that put them on since they charged me $500. to install and align. Thanks again for all of your input
anytime you make any adjustment it MUST be realigned.

you chose coil overs , not me :grin:
a 1/16th of an inch whacks the alignment

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
how many miles on your current shocks? if over say 15k, then they have already embedded themselves in and the seals inside them are used to the stock height, so yes they are gonna bottom out easily now that you lower. i say get either a slightly shorter shock or go with brand new oems and the newer ones will embed their seals differently once they used to the lower stance. you will still have a rougher ride but they wont bottom out as much... on last whip that i had coilover sleeves on i had to end up getting a shorter shock from a different make and model and it made a world of difference. and now that i think about it, the eibach kit is the whole shahbang right, the coilover with shock pre-assembled right, or did you go with sleeves and thus having the original shock still goind up through the middle of them.. i have never had the eibach coilover system so im not sure how they are made. any pics... if they are the whole shahbang deal, then yes, raise a little a re-align it when you find the ride height you want so you dont eat your tires prematurely..... and then mark where your ride height is at on threads where you turn the sockets with the keys. mark them with something like a pinstripe or a even a paint line will do the trick, so when your at a show or whatever and want to slam it for the looks and then when you want to raise it back up for when you drive it again, if you properly marked them with a red tape or something over the threads of adjuster sleeve then you can make sure your back to the same ride height you had them aligned for. just my 2cents

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. I did get the complete coil overs, so come Tues I will take it back to the shop to have them raise the front and hopefully they will realign it at no charge. Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts