Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a system that I took out of a 2004 Mustang GT and would like to figure out how to install this into my new Charger with the NAV option. I do not have a deck which is good because I like the NAV and 6 disc that came with the car. I have two amps a 12" JL and 6 MB Quartz speakers that can fit in the charger. Should I even think about going through the hassle of putting these in my car or not? Plus will this stuff all work with the deck from Chrysler? I don't want to get all this stuff installed to find out that it can't be used with the factory NAV dash...any input would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
much like me, does the dvd system have pre amp outs?

If not your gonna have to do a line level, and the wires your need are the colors xx and xxx...

Im searching myself.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
fubaracing said:
I have a system that I took out of a 2004 Mustang GT and would like to figure out how to install this into my new Charger with the NAV option. I do not have a deck which is good because I like the NAV and 6 disc that came with the car. I have two amps a 12" JL and 6 MB Quartz speakers that can fit in the charger. Should I even think about going through the hassle of putting these in my car or not? Plus will this stuff all work with the deck from Chrysler? I don't want to get all this stuff installed to find out that it can't be used with the factory NAV dash...any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Check out this piece from JL Audio.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=79

It should work with the factory radio that you have and you can use the amps and speakers that you have as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I could,nt figure what the "clean sweep" was.

I just added a line level converter..tapped into the rear speaker wires from the rear right speaker (since the battery was on the right side of the trunk).

Put the amp in, and now I have to search for a place to add the remote on wire for the amp..which may be trickey with the good old "stay on till the door is open" radio in the chager.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sonic said:
I could,nt figure what the "clean sweep" was.

I just added a line level converter..tapped into the rear speaker wires from the rear right speaker (since the battery was on the right side of the trunk).

Put the amp in, and now I have to search for a place to add the remote on wire for the amp..which may be trickey with the good old "stay on till the door is open" radio in the chager.
Well the JL piece will give you that amp turn on lead and will also allow you to plug in an AUX source like a DVD system or an iPod if you have one. There is a built-in digital EQ as well. A very clean and small unit to install. I should have my piece in this week. I will building up my RT for SEMA so I will not be able to have pictures until then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts