Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Quaife Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip (along the path of least resistance). The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel.

In drag-race style, straight-line acceleration runs, this results in a close to ideal 50/50 power split to both drive wheels, resulting in essentially twice the grip of an ordinary differential (they don't call open diffs "peglegs" for nothing).

In cornering, while accelerating out of a turn, the Quaife biases power to the outside wheel, reducing inside-wheel spin. This allows the driver to begin accelerating earlier, exiting the corner at a higher speed.

The Quaife also controls loss of traction when the front wheels are on slippery surfaces such as ice and snow or mud, providing the appropriate biased traction needed to overcome these adverse conditions. The Quaife Differential provides constant and infinitely variable drive. Power is transferred automatically without the use of normal friction pads or plates seen in other limited-slip designs.

The Quaife's unique design offers maximum traction, improves handling and steering, and puts the power where it is needed most. A definite advantage whether on the track or on the street.

This differential is extremely strong and durable and since the Quaife is gear operated, it has no plates or clutches that can wear out and need costly replacement.

The Quaife is great for street driving or racing. Racers don't have to put up with locking mechanisms or spools that created unwanted understeer under power, or in the case of front-drive cars, even tear the steering wheel out of their hands when cornering. Because it behaves like an open differential during ordinary driving, street drivers will have trouble telling it's there until pushing the car's limits.

This has been proven in everything from SCCA Rally to Formula 1. It provides autocrossers with such an advantage, it has become "required" equipment for a winning effort.

More and more auto manufacturers are specifying the Quaife ATB Differential as original equipment in their high performance models - for good reason - it works!

The Quaife ATB Differential comes with something else other's don't have:
a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty applies even when raced !

48.309.190 Quaife Differential 5.7
48.309.185 Quaife Differential 6.1

GP pricing is lower than we are allowed to advertise so we have to ask that you e-mail [email protected] or give us a call at 1-877-482-9763 to receive a quote. 10 or more orders placed with us by Friday, November 16th will make this happen and provide everyone that joins in with a very nice discount.

Have a good day!

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Will this launch the car like a 4 wheel drive? Sorta like the Jeep SRT?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Come on whats the price I hate feeling like a fish with a lure in front of its mouth.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My car leaves two ******* everytime I take off hard so I don't get it. Why would I need this if I already have this positive traction?

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on whats the price I hate feeling like a fish with a lure in front of its mouth.
Wish I could. That would cut down on alot of e-mail and calls but, we have an minimum advertised pricing policy that we have to follow.

This won't make the car launch like a 4WD but it will apply power to each of the tires. Yes, you can leave two patchs when launch and the car is pointing straight but there are also times when power is being applied to just one tire. I sometimes noticed when the traction control is turned off and I mash the throttle in 1st, it feels like it's alternating which tire is spinning. Car kind of goes back and forth and I can feel that they both aren't lose. Alot of people swear by this mod.

·
Registered
329 Posts
would this lower my MPG?

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
My car leaves two ******* everytime I take off hard so I don't get it. Why would I need this if I already have this positive traction?
Accelerate hard coming out of a parking lot onto a busy street where traffic is moving fast. You have two choices: 1 wheel wheelspin or power-crippling ESP.

Either way you get t-boned in the rear.

All you need to know about this that when Giles put in a Quaife the moment he went racing a SRT8

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Who is Giles and why would I care? I find that my car keeps trying to go to one side every time it looses traction. How much faster will my SRT8 be if I slapped one of these on. Has anyone done a 1/4 before and after kinda thing?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Your car will be a bit faster, it won't be a huge difference, i.e. you aren't gonna drop 2 seconds from your ET, but it should be noticeable.

No, this probably won't raise your MPG, in fact, it will probably lower it since you will be flooring it more often, and trying to make stripes.

The key is, that with both wheels spinning you won't get as much wheel hop, and you won't be using all your power on the one wheel. It should be transfered equally to both wheels and you should have a bit smoother acceleration because of it.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Who is Giles and why would I care? I find that my car keeps trying to go to one side every time it looses traction. How much faster will my SRT8 be if I slapped one of these on. Has anyone done a 1/4 before and after kinda thing?
Ralph Gilles is one of the designers of the car that you are driving!

He and a Chrysler backed team took a 300C SRT8 road racing. They made 2 modifications - they upgraded the 300 springs to the firmer Charger rates and they added a Quaife LSD.

The Quaife probably won't save you much time in a straight 1/4 mile run unless you are currently experiencing 1 wheel burnouts. It may cut a fraction or two at best - with your car at stock power and with good rubber.

It will really help you powering out of tight turns and accelerating when you are not perfectly straight. It will also help you when you add more power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts