Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Quaife Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip (along the path of least resistance). The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel.

In drag-race style, straight-line acceleration runs, this results in a close to ideal 50/50 power split to both drive wheels, resulting in essentially twice the grip of an ordinary differential (they don't call open diffs "peglegs" for nothing).

In cornering, while accelerating out of a turn, the Quaife biases power to the outside wheel, reducing inside-wheel spin. This allows the driver to begin accelerating earlier, exiting the corner at a higher speed.

The Quaife also controls loss of traction when the front wheels are on slippery surfaces such as ice and snow or mud, providing the appropriate biased traction needed to overcome these adverse conditions. The Quaife Differential provides constant and infinitely variable drive. Power is transferred automatically without the use of normal friction pads or plates seen in other limited-slip designs.

The Quaife's unique design offers maximum traction, improves handling and steering, and puts the power where it is needed most. A definite advantage whether on the track or on the street.

This differential is extremely strong and durable and since the Quaife is gear operated, it has no plates or clutches that can wear out and need costly replacement.

The Quaife is great for street driving or racing. Racers don't have to put up with locking mechanisms or spools that created unwanted understeer under power, or in the case of front-drive cars, even tear the steering wheel out of their hands when cornering. Because it behaves like an open differential during ordinary driving, street drivers will have trouble telling it's there until pushing the car's limits.

This has been proven in everything from SCCA Rally to Formula 1. It provides autocrossers with such an advantage, it has become "required" equipment for a winning effort.

More and more auto manufacturers are specifying the Quaife ATB Differential as original equipment in their high performance models - for good reason - it works!

The Quaife ATB Differential comes with something else other's don't have:
a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty applies even when raced !

48.309.190 Quaife Differential 5.7
48.309.185 Quaife Differential 6.1

GP pricing is lower than we are allowed to advertise so we have to ask that you e-mail [email protected] or give us a call at 1-877-482-9763 to receive a quote. 10 or more orders placed with us by Friday, November 16th will make this happen and provide everyone that joins in with a very nice discount.

Have a good day!

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been looking at this as an essential upgrade for the last 8 months. Bad timing however for me as my wife is 7 months pregnant with our first child so I am holding off on doing any other big upgrades unitl some time after the baby is born. I just ordered a Preditor tuner 4 days ago to give me something to satisfy my need for toying around until then.

Thanks for the continued offers!

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your very welcome and congratulations on the upcoming new addition to the family! My wife and I had twins last June. That's interesting but not as much work as I thought it would be.

For anyone that has been thinking about getting one of these, this really is the time to do it. Very good deal here!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Your very welcome and congratulations on the upcoming new addition to the family! My wife and I had twins last June. That's interesting but not as much work as I thought it would be.

For anyone that has been thinking about getting one of these, this really is the time to do it. Very good deal here!
A baby or differential? LOL had to do it :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
YES I would be into the new differential as long as I can get rid of the stupid highway gears that are keeping my Daytona from running the way it should with over 350 HP. My 1993 Z28 was only rated at 275 HP with 3:43 gears and felt better in real world driving even though the 1/4 mile times were about the same.
So can we get a lower gear(3:40 to 3:93) with that?
Randy

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Im not too savvy when it comes down to talking about stuff like this, kinda out of my range of expertise. But from what I understand, it seems our cars have crappy gears in them because the ratio now (I think its like 2:something)is too low....? Ideally, we would want something more like 3:40 or 3:90 correct? Does this differential solve this problem? Does it really give a power increase? I know it wont add HP, but is the gains from better gearing really allow you to launch noticeably better? Thanks for any help here.

-Pat

·
Registered
676 Posts
You can't change the ring gear (gearing/gears). Period. Your computer will think the car is broken and will put you in limp mode and give you all kinds of headaches. You "might" be able to swap out the R/T ring gear for the SRT gear as long as you swap out the computer too. Is it worth it? Not really imo because it might not even work, probably wouldn't work I should say.

The differential in the Charger is a weak point in the design for larger power adders. If you plan on modifying your car with some serious power adders (turbo, supercharger, NOS, cam, heads, etc.) then I would upgrade this part. The stock units begin to crack and will eventually break, depending on driving style and amount of added power. If you plan on just doing a cai and catback with a Diablo tune then I would save your money.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can't change the ring gear (gearing/gears). Period. Your computer will think the car is broken and will put you in limp mode and give you all kinds of headaches. You "might" be able to swap out the R/T ring gear for the SRT gear as long as you swap out the computer too. Is it worth it? Not really imo because it might not even work, probably wouldn't work I should say.

The differential in the Charger is a weak point in the design for larger power adders. If you plan on modifying your car with some serious power adders (turbo, supercharger, NOS, cam, heads, etc.) then I would upgrade this part. The stock units begin to crack and will eventually break, depending on driving style and amount of added power. If you plan on just doing a cai and catback with a Diablo tune then I would save your money.

Most aftermarket tuners allow you to adjust for different tire size or gear ratio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in, for the Quaife. I've got an 08 SRT, so need the 6.1 part. Guess I'll e-mail you directly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lawlz I find it funny another "OMG GROUP BUY-WE BEAT ALL PRICES!!!" but but you got to call cause we can't disclose the details. Hilarious. Sounds like ATI GB lol.

So how much business you get from your other 6 forums Tbryne? Vette owners helping you out?

Guess you got to profit the company somehow...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
lawlz I find it funny another "OMG GROUP BUY-WE BEAT ALL PRICES!!!" but but you got to call cause we can't disclose the details. Hilarious. Sounds like ATI GB lol.

So how much business you get from your other 6 forums Tbryne? Vette owners helping you out?

Guess you got to profit the company somehow...
did all this make any sense to you when you wrote it?

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kind of looks like it's written in a different language. He was actually pimping an ATI supercharger group purchase without paying to be a site sponsor and he also had prices that were higher than our regular everyday pricing. That's where all that comes from :)

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC

·
Registered
90 Posts
not at all. I was offering a steal of a deal w/o "having to call for special prices". I'm also not registered to 100 other sites like yourself, mr business man. Don't matter, all the sites your on, I'm sure you'll find suckers to buy your over priced crap. Like on the Corvette forums....

geesh...looks liek another GS motorsports in the brewing here.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
As I mentioned before, vendors pay to advertise on the message boards so yes, they will get upset if non-sponsors come in and start selling products without paying their dues. What is good for a few, is good for all. It's only fair. The sponsor's advertising dollars keep the boards operating so vendors that support the boards, are also supporting the board members. I can see if maybe you were offering something that no vendors here had. But even then, there are board rules to be followed.

The price that you were offering really isn't that good for a group purchase. We have deals like that everyday, no group purchase required. You needed 6 or more orders for the prices that you had. So besides having a higher price, you needed a bunch of people to. You were also adding money for PayPal fees? No reason to do that. Actually, our price is lower even after we pay to advertise here. Double benefit for the members :)

You should also know that ATI has a strict advertised pricing policy. Vendors aren't supposed to advertise a price less than 7.5% off of the regular retail. They don't even allow it in writing. That is why legitimate authorized dealers for ATI ProCharger know that they can only offer discounts over the phone. If not, ATI can pull their account. And they do know about what is going on with this.

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts