Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for you guys...i have been wanting to get these exhaust cutouts for some time (before when i had my V6 and now even more with my Daytona) is it ok to just add these to our stock setup or do we need to upgrade the mids or something to make it sound better..

reason why i want them is because i love the crazy loud obnoxious sound they make but at the flip of a switch and not be stuck with that loudness at all times.

i have an 07 Daytona with a K&N CAI

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No need to upgrade anything, they will do the job on a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just chunked the rear resonators or my 2013 R/T and I'm very happy with it. Got a drone at 60mph in 5th gear but nothing the radio won't cure. By comparison, did the suitcase delete on my 2006 R/T and it was much quiter and almost no drone. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No need to upgrade anything, they will do the job on a stock exhaust.
oh ok..i wasnt sure if it would sound better/different if i changed them.

Just chunked the rear resonators or my 2013 R/T and I'm very happy with it. Got a drone at 60mph in 5th gear but nothing the radio won't cure. By comparison, did the suitcase delete on my 2006 R/T and it was much quiter and almost no drone. Good luck!
hmm something to think about..i had 40s on my V6 and the drone was bad..i got used to it but everyone that went in my car complained lol..

·
Registered
66 Posts
make sure you get the low profile oval ones, i had bought the regular ones that are the y pipe and had to send them back cause theres really no space to put them in. with the oval ones you actually cut and weld them right in. im pretty sure qtp has a video of them installing them in a 5.7

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have a question for you guys...i have been wanting to get these exhaust cutouts for some time (before when i had my V6 and now even more with my Daytona) is it ok to just add these to our stock setup or do we need to upgrade the mids or something to make it sound better..

reason why i want them is because i love the crazy loud obnoxious sound they make but at the flip of a switch and not be stuck with that loudness at all times.

I'm saving up to put these on my Daytona. You do need the low profile ones. Should sound badass with my KOOKS LT's.

·
Registered
18 Posts

My only mods are a Mopar CAI and Trinity tune (canned 93 Octane) and I've had my QTP low profile exhaust cutout on for about 6 months. I love the key chain wireless activation, flip the switch and BAM! Music to my ears. Here are some pictures of the installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My only mods are a Mopar CAI and Trinity tune (canned 93 Octane) and I've had my QTP low profile exhaust cutout on for about 6 months. I love the key chain wireless activation, flip the switch and BAM! Music to my ears. Here are some pictures of the installation.
i just saw this post! they look sweet! do you have any videos on how they sound? did you order them online then get them installed locally? how much was installation? sorry for all the questions lol, i just want to get these..

i was reading that people had problems with cutouts (not sure QTP brand exactly) that they kept getting burnt out and had to get them replaced..no problems so far?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts