Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a mistake? I'm thinking about dropping the OEM resinators for 9db Blastin' Bobs.

Opinions please. :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
9db

if you dont mind the drone it will sound good- but blasting bob also offer's a replacement reso that bolts in place of the factory ones-it's a straight threw design [unlike the factory ones] it's 6 db louder then the stock ones-can be installed in your driveway and up's the flow of your exhaust-and the best part is there is no drone with this set up-and it has a 4" tip welded to it-

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you dont mind the drone it will sound good- but blasting bob also offer's a replacement reso that bolts in place of the factory ones-it's a straight threw design [unlike the factory ones] it's 6 db louder then the stock ones-can be installed in your driveway and up's the flow of your exhaust-and the best part is there is no drone with this set up-and it has a 4" tip welded to it-
I looked on http://www.shop.alliedmuffler.com/main.sc and I can't seem to find the replacement resos that you described. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The MF250 Kit (top one) is a Magnaflow system. +4db

The bottom is the "glasspack" resonated system. +6db. (the one SS mentioned)

You can get both with the 2.5" pipe. The glasspack resonated kit is louder than the Magnaflow. I have the glasspack kit. No drone.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
both of them are very nice set ups and will up the sound level and flow of your exhaust. there is nothing wrong with the stock suit case muffler-it is a straight threw design-the problems with our factory exhaust systems are the factory reso's with their s curve design. either blastin bob's that you pick you will hear and fell the difference

·
Registered
368 Posts
BTW, it gets better sounding after some miles. Contact Bob by email and he will set you up with different tips if you want. I got the 3.5" SS rolled edge tips w/mine. Looks way better than stock. He has larger tips and different styles(double walled) if you want. Just let him know.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled the trigger on the SSR glasspacks. These are the ones. I can't wait to get them! :) Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I have the 9db kit. It was rough for the first week or two. But I would say it doens't resonate in the cabin anymore (it sounds like it resonates in the trunk). It just sounds like a loud exhaust around 2k under light to medium load, and again the same at speed around 70 MPH or so.

At first SWMBO didn't like it, but now she's totally fine with it now that it has broken in a little.

It also sounds pretty B.A. from the outside. :)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the 9db kit. It was rough for the first week or two. But I would say it doens't resonate in the cabin anymore (it sounds like it resonates in the trunk). It just sounds like a loud exhaust around 2k under light to medium load, and again the same at speed around 70 MPH or so.

At first SWMBO didn't like it, but now she's totally fine with it now that it has broken in a little.

It also sounds pretty B.A. from the outside. :)
:rockon:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice....you'll like them! Don't let the initial sound fool you. Put some miles on and let them settle in. They will sound better (deeper) as you put miles on. As an added bonus you're going to lose a few pounds as well. Those OEM reso's are big and heavy in comparison. Enjoy!

Ed

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
bump ... any update on the install / sound clip ?

I'm considering the resonated kit GPSSR225 with the rolled edge tips

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Anyone know just how much louder than stock these are? I am considering the 6db (resonated) glasspack kit. I don't want to deal with any type of drone, but I have no idea how loud a decibel is lol. is 6db loud? I want to turn heads, but I don't want it obnoxious.

Also, can anyone comment on the deepness of the sound?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts