Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Dodge charger R/T Road and Track performance package.... I believe I have bigger brakes than the standard R/T.. My question is I found a KILLER deal on SRT8 brakes and I was wondering if they'll fit my car.
If not, what do I need to replace for them to work.. also will my car be able to handle a 4 piston set of brakes? I think mine is only two? I have no clue what I have in right now... It's all still OEM and looking to upgrade to Brembo.

If you have a suggestion of a well priced performance brake kit ( entire thing calipers, pads, rotors etc... ) Tell me what brand and perhaps a link. But for right now I'm looking at Brembo. Thanks:banana:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
You will need the front Knuckles and spindles for them to work. There was a guy a few weeks ago selling a complete set up for $850.00

·
Registered
677 Posts
Srt swap is simple but you need tons of parts. Unless you have a donor car its not worth it. When i did mine I had another srt8. I would hate to buy all the parts new from Chrysler it would cost a fortune

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Brake lines, spindles, calipers, rotors, backing plates, INNER AND OUTTER TIE ROD ENDS, misc hardware here and there, 20" wheels for clearance and more that I cant think of now.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
ya, its about 1500 in parts and there are several threads about the swap already on here.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Brake lines, spindles, calipers, rotors, backing plates, INNER AND OUTTER TIE ROD ENDS, misc hardware here and there, 20" wheels for clearance and more that I cant think of now.
What is different on the tie rods????

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
srt tie rods are faster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts