Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Mopar Site and saw that they are selling the Hemi Engines - both the 5.7 and 6.1. Currently I drive an SE 2.7 and am haggling with my car dealer about upgrading. Anyway, I was thinking if things don't go smooth, why not bypass this guy and save up for a whole other engine.

I didn't see anything about a warranty, so I'm assuming there are none with these new engines. Has anyone on this site done something this crazy? Any opinions on the topic would be welcome.

Happy Long Weekend!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have seen a few people who have put in 426's. If you are going to pay for the engine, if you can swing it, I would do that.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Will take motre than just an engine....wiring harness, PCM, probably a whole new rear axle, etc, etc......best bet is to trade for an RT or SRT....you can beef the RT to a 394 or the SRT to a 426...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Will take motre than just an engine....wiring harness, PCM, probably a whole new rear axle, etc, etc......best bet is to trade for an RT or SRT....you can beef the RT to a 394 or the SRT to a 426...
x2... there's a lot more to it than just an engine swap... suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc. I would definitely look at a trade-in if you want the V8 performance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I did it (3.5 to 5.7), and it is cheaper than trading in and taking a big hit on depreciation, not to mention if you were top-heavy on your previous car. PM me and I'll give you the low down.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I did it (3.5 to 5.7), and it is cheaper than trading in and taking a big hit on depreciation, not to mention if you were top-heavy on your previous car. PM me and I'll give you the low down.
I remember when you did that Hemi-swap. How's that working out in the long run? Any complications?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Dont listen to these guys, I just put a 572 merlin in my charger last month

J/K!
thats a big motha phucking motor hehehe...i want one soooo bad

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the motor should have a 12 month 12000 mile if sold through a dealer and installed at dealer. i'm sure they wont install it but that should be warranty if they do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts