Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Eclipse Titaniums, one of my 2 old amps, 1300 HCT (wired @ 1 ohm) and a 12 ferad cap..

These eclipse are freakin sweet, never heard such quality out of anything but an 800 dollar sub! (These cost like 400 bucks or more depending on where u get them I guess) My buddy had them in his garage since they came out and had to pay some bills, so I got them off of him, and I used my old amp and cap from my old ride.

I like the sound, it gets to the ears.. but I'm used to more than double that, with a 250 amp alternator and 5x the air space... so I'm not impressed and never can be in a car with a trunk.

I know many of you know I told myself I wouldn't do this but the price was so right and it was so easy to put in I figured I'd try it. So far I like it.

Any input? Even negative, I don't care.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody asked you, woman! :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
She joined to keep you in line, didn't she? :D

(I'm waiting on my wife to do the same so she can spy on my spending habits...)

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sure Kristen spys on everything I do, but really I don't do anything behind her back anyway so who cares (or do I)

jk

·
Registered
689 Posts
How much rattling are you getting from the trunk, gas cover, etc.? I know i get a good amount of it from my Solobaric 12" in my ported box (and I hate it) but I just haven't got around to fixing it yet.

How are you keeping the box in place? I need to secure mine better but do not really want to screw in the floor panel.

Also, I am sure you already know but you can hear the bass a lot better with one or both of the back seats folded down. I usually keep the smaller section folded down unless someone rides back there.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much rattling are you getting from the trunk, gas cover, etc.? I know i get a good amount of it from my Solobaric 12" in my ported box (and I hate it) but I just haven't got around to fixing it yet.

How are you keeping the box in place? I need to secure mine better but do not really want to screw in the floor panel.

Also, I am sure you already know but you can hear the bass a lot better with one or both of the back seats folded down. I usually keep the smaller section folded down unless someone rides back there.
Same, and I secured it with the rough side of my brain farted... its too early... it's the stuff kids use to buckle their shoes before they can tie shoe laces, its a carpet piece and a rough piece, they hold together... VELCROW geez man its early

I used the rough side of velcrow, folded it in half, stuck one on each corner

And I would clean the wires up but that's hard to do when the amp and cap are mounted on top...

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and minimal rattling

·
Registered
681 Posts
subs

Sure it is loud, but ya got no trunk and it probably doesn't sound all that great. IF you wanna set off car alarms though I think you got that covered

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just finished putting my third "trunk kit" of dynamat in my trunk today...ive taken everything from behind the driver and passangers seat out and covered every inch in Dynamat Extreme. And once I put in the front door speakers I will be dynamatting those also. It isn't cheap but, but WELL worth it even on a brand new car!!

Rattles are a huge annoyance and should be delt with...if you are serious about the system then it is worth the investment, they make a really cool license plate kit too!! That is always a major palce for rattles!!

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you do know hardware stores like menards sell the EXACT same thing is dynamat but its called something else, we have it at work to dampen the noise of big metal cages when hit... its the exact same thing for 1/5 the cost or less.

Its aluminum on the outisde, i dont even remember what it is called, but I used it in my explorer with good results.

My system barely rattles at all, so I don't care to waste my money even 1/5 the price of dynamat.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Id take those amps off the speakers, the amps might malfunction due to the vibration.

·
Registered
221 Posts
nice subs, ive got 2 jl w3's with the jl 500/1 amp and it sound really good but i was hoping for more, i was used to a camaro where the subs where right behind my ear, but my chargers system is still not finished so it should get better.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah systems in hatchbacks are much better.. and even better in an suv IMO.

And I've never heard of an amp malfunctioning b/c of bass, my dual 1300 HCT's were mounted on my box too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
you do know hardware stores like menards sell the EXACT same thing is dynamat but its called something else, we have it at work to dampen the noise of big metal cages when hit... its the exact same thing for 1/5 the cost or less.

Its aluminum on the outisde, i dont even remember what it is called, but I used it in my explorer with good results.

My system barely rattles at all, so I don't care to waste my money even 1/5 the price of dynamat.
I work at Best Buy so I get it for cost...the trunk kit retails $79.99 and I pay like $24 with tax for it!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
there is also a product called Raammat which is awesome...

I have half of my car with Dynamat extreme and half with raammat. They also sell a product called ensolite.. which I highly recomment. go to the website and read up on it..
http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dang, thanks bud

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.