Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I got some more parts from Billet Tech and from GSM (valve covers) on my Plum Crazy SRT8 and wanted a few opinions before I go further with the engine bay, First the purple on the strut covers is not an exact match for the exterior color, but it's not bad (or is it, that's what I want to know) I mixed in some black pieces that look fine (or do they?) I tend to be very critical of my appearance mods, especially like to hear from you PC owners out there.

Last photo is of the hood piece inside that has indents with the letters SRT put inserts to color match

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think I would have done polished or mirror black - the color just doesn`t match...

Scott
X2..... Thats why I myself didnt go with the purple.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I can almost see your mug clearly on the value cover!
IMHO - Go mirror black on as many pieces as you can. If you go painted to match then the extras won't stand out to show you did anything. The purple just doesn't look right, can't put my finger on exactly why though. BTW - No purple is not in my plans.

The purple inserts of writing look great though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can almost see your mug clearly on the value cover!
IMHO - Go mirror black on as many pieces as you can. If you go painted to match then the extras won't stand out to show you did anything. The purple just doesn't look right, can't put my finger on exactly why though. BTW - No purple is not in my plans.

The purple inserts of writing look great though.

Thanks, I think you all are right, I wanted to color match as much as I could, but this was not what I wanted, I also wanted the strut covers to look like they belonged not as much of a shade difference, I will probably go with the mirror black as you suggested.

Ah well, that's why this type of mod is fun, and I can go back to stock in about 10 minutes with everything.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
CC, where's the painted shock tower covers?

RLH for the nearest exit

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
what can happen with anodize when you do not make the parts from the same bar of stock the make up of the material can give you different shades at times.

You will not see it when you do it in black or in blue. It is in the reds and purples that you can get some drastic differences. It is why when we anodize an under the hood packages we give you all a 15 day lead time, so that we make sure we give you parts that have been machined from the same bar stock then anodized together.

Purple John, PM being sent :)

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
CC, where's the painted shock tower covers?

RLH for the nearest exit
You better run!!!
:)

I just don't like how you got to different shades of purple... Im sorry that's just something I can not stand
It might not match right now, but I'm pretty sure when I get the cover painted, it's going to tie everything in together very nicely. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.