Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to purchase a predator for my Daytonas 5.7L HEMI.

What should I expect? I have heard good things thus far, and I already have a K&N intake and a cat-back exhaust [it was already on the car when I bought it] so Im hoping a nice 93 CAI tune will unleash a whole new beast.

Anything I should look into? Worry about? Plan for? Any specific steps on doing this?

This will be my first time playing with a tuner! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
898 Posts
just plug it in follow the instructions and waste your tires.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. You'll be very glad with your new Predator, I read about the power gains and performance change but nothing really did the justice of just puttin the tune on my Charger and taking it out for a spin.(pun intended) Not only the performance gains but ive noticed the sound of my exhaust has improved alot too, dont know if thats from the predator or just finally being broken in.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Reset your TCM (basically your tranmission's memory). Makes a big difference.

Increase shift firmness - you'll be barking your tires with the 1-2 shift now :)

Congrats!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It was well worth the investment for me.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are all the other settings for? I understand the 93 CAI tune part, and the reset transmission part, and the torque management removal. But what about the gear rations, spark, etc? Im trying to rub out as much power as possible from the predator. Any suggestions on things I should change?

2006 Daytona R/T 5.7L HEMI with Cat-back exhaust, and CAI

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So guys, I finally got the predator. I went to plug it in, and it says my vehicle needs an update.

Now Im trying to save a few bucks, can I just buy the serial to USB cable and plug in the predator to the car to provide it with power while it downloads the update?

If that didnt work, Id be looking at almost another 65$ to get this thing working, which Im not too crazy about. Its bad enough the S-USB cable is 35$, then the charger? =\

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
On my way to purchase a predator for my Daytonas 5.7L HEMI.

What should I expect? I have heard good things thus far, and I already have a K&N intake and a cat-back exhaust [it was already on the car when I bought it] so Im hoping a nice 93 CAI tune will unleash a whole new beast.

Anything I should look into? Worry about? Plan for? Any specific steps on doing this?

This will be my first time playing with a tuner! :bigthumb:

Expect to add more fuel to the given RPM ranges. The canned tunes cause alot of knock retard. But overall, it is a good investment.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Expect to add more fuel to the given RPM ranges. The canned tunes cause alot of knock retard. But overall, it is a good investment.
I added a 1% rich WOT fuel setting across the entire RPM range. I also upped the redline to 6000RPM. I did not play with any spark settings, but would like to know what else I can play with, safely.

I uploaded a 93 CAI tune, reset transmission, increased shift firmness, 1% richer fuel setting at WOT.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Diablosport is awesome

I Finally had time to install the 91 oct CAI tune on my charger,Have'nt played with any of the other settings yet. It ran good before ,now its a beast :bigthumb:,D.:beerchug:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts