Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember back when i was in school they taught us how to use periods and commas and so forth to break up sentences but they must not do that now and they don't teach spelling either cuz words get shortened up or not used at all cuz they use wtf and other things like that don't use paragraphs either

Does anyone but me find that hard to read? I know I'm an old fogey, but come on, use some punctuation and (God forbid) a new paragraph once in a while! It sure gives you a lot more credibilty and makes your post a WHOLE lot easier to read.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yEAH aND watching Those cApitalizations and splleing mistookes help two.

Sorry, just had to do it to you. :laugh:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree...if i see a long post that isn't broken up into paragraphs I will usually not bother to read it.

I was taught in University to use proper structure etc. even when writing e-mails. It is alot more professional. I can say that most people don't, however.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hmmm, good point! I agree that the proper use of the odd comma or period would make things easier to understand.
It's sort of a pet peeve of mine too!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hear ya. It's a daily struggle to not post anything when I'm trying to decipher all these run-on sentences. I have a degree in Secondary Education English and it actually causes me physical pain sometimes to read some of these posts. And don't get me started on people not knowing their "too's" or that the phrase "would of" is not the contraction "would've."

I better stop now, though, or I'll just keep ranting.

·
Registered
862 Posts
"Cuz" is not a word.
i remember back when i was in school they taught us how to use periods and commas and so forth to break up sentences but they must not do that now and they don't teach spelling either cuz words get shortened up or not used at all cuz they use wtf and other things like that don't use paragraphs either

Does anyone but me find that hard to read? I know I'm an old fogey, but come on, use some punctuation and (God forbid) a new paragraph once in a while! It sure gives you a lot more credibilty and makes your post a WHOLE lot easier to read.

·
Registered
723 Posts
.....,!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I agree with the punctuation and run on sentences, but abbreviations are fine. IMO, this is an extemely informal format, and I type accordingly.
I use, cuz, sux, WTF, nuttin...ect.

My only pet peeve is lose, loose......

LOOSE DOES NOT MEAN YOU DONT WIN aggggggggggggggggggggggggggg:)

Maybe the admins could add a spell check feature

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was taught in University to use proper structure etc. even when writing e-mails.

University? You wouldn't get into a University without knowing how to use proper structure, etc. This i more like elementary school!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I don't mind really. You would be surprised how many people do not use a computer everyday. The last thing you want is someone who has trouble typing or trouble using grammar properly afraid to post anything, and then we can't help them as a friendly community of Charger owners.

To each is own...not everybody in this world is perfect. You don't have to read it.

- Mark

·
Registered
998 Posts
Remember kids..

"Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse..." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse...""

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I don't mind really. You would be surprised how many people do not use a computer everyday. The last thing you want is someone who has trouble typing or trouble using grammar properly afraid to post anything, and then we can't help them as a friendly community of Charger owners.

To each is own...not everybody in this world is perfect. You don't have to read it.

- Mark
Great post my man...exactly!!
Some are just a bit snooty:nervous s

1 - 20 of 62 Posts