Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, today was a lucky day as i was back in a new subdivision with no houses even started and was trying out some 0-60 times!! Got a few in and there was a little noise as the ole magnaflow catbacks growl a little when you get on it and i guess someone called it in!! Next thing i know A deputy sheffif comes pulling in the subdivision as i was getting ready to leave and pulls in front of my car and jumps out!! Im like oh **** here we go and after a few minutes of questions i tell him that there was a sweet red vette back there while i was and that she looked fast as hell and he kinda laughed and said yeah, must of been the vette!! Thank god for those vettes as he let me off and said just go out to the bypass if ya want to hear your mufflers talk and i graciously thanked him and off i went!! By the way my 0-60 times arent for damn as the best i could get was a 5.24 and i just cant figure out how all of you guys are getting in the low to mid 4s!! Guess maybe i will do better after the ppp heads,cam, and kooks headers as the low 5s just dont seem right for a car like we have!!:grin:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Engine temp and outside air temp have a HUGE effect on 0-60 times on a stock SRT. when mines hot I can't break 5 seconds either. when i take it out after i get off work in the morning (6am) the car is cold and so is the air and I hit 4.90 and lower every time as long as i don't roast the tires. Try it when its cool outside. I think the thermostat mod will have a big effect on our cars. I'm doing mine next week after my first oil change.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Good story, thanks for sharing.
As for 0-60 times, possibly lauch issues? I got a 5.1 with 4 people in the car and stuff in the trunk and I'm running completely stock. That was the first and only set of 0-60 runs with this car so far. Also, we did that with AND without ESP. Also, the Bee has the RSA's and the weather was in the 80's.
Going by myself now that the cool fall weather is here I should definitely hit the mid to high 4's.
-J

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I don't think the sheriff could do anything to you because he didn't see you doing anything. It was your word vs the caller's

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Didnt sound like the Sherrif wanted to do anything either. Mainly just making sure there wasnt a bunch of kids racing and tearing stuff up it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
My first few 0-60s were mid 5s in 90 plus weather. I practiced launching and it dropped to low 5s. When the air was 60 same run was high 4s. Next time Im going to go out and let the car sit with the hood open for a few minutes and see if I can get into the low 4s

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Damn, today was a lucky day as i was back in a new subdivision with no houses even started and was trying out some 0-60 times!! Got a few in and there was a little noise as the ole magnaflow catbacks growl a little when you get on it and i guess someone called it in!! Next thing i know A deputy sheffif comes pulling in the subdivision as i was getting ready to leave and pulls in front of my car and jumps out!! Im like oh **** here we go and after a few minutes of questions i tell him that there was a sweet red vette back there while i was and that she looked fast as hell and he kinda laughed and said yeah, must of been the vette!! Thank god for those vettes as he let me off and said just go out to the bypass if ya want to hear your mufflers talk and i graciously thanked him and off i went!! By the way my 0-60 times arent for damn as the best i could get was a 5.24 and i just cant figure out how all of you guys are getting in the low to mid 4s!! Guess maybe i will do better after the ppp heads,cam, and kooks headers as the low 5s just dont seem right for a car like we have!!:grin:
I was down in OBX last weekend, if you guys have any meet and greets down there, let me know. I love it down there.

PS damn vette's.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
FYI there is so such thing as a 2005 ZO6, the C6 ZO6 wasn;t available until 2006.

You might want to change your signature.
BUSTED. Very, very rare for a 2x Porsche owner to own a Vette and vice-versa. I vote pics or BAN! BUSTED!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts