Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled #17 (YES, I`m POSITIVE it was #17), and the car would not drive for CRAP! I would punch it, and almost nothing! The car felt like a 10 speed bike! I put the #17 back in, the car seems to run fine, but now I have a "engine trouble" light on! Whats weird is the car smells like its running RICH, and my mileage shot up to 18-20 just while driving around my neighborhood?

I got the following codes too!
V0121
V1120

WTF? Will the "engine trouble" light go out on its own? What should I do?

·
Registered
600 Posts
GL with solving that!!! your in my prayers

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I said SCREW IT! I just disconnected the negative cable for about 15 min. I went out, reconnected it, did the ESP relearn, throttle position relearn, and MDS relearn!

All seems to be WELL!

NO codes, NO engine lights!

Did I forget to reset anything? :smile:

·
Registered
600 Posts
i bet you had to change your pants their for a second... if i were you i woulda shat myself!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
milkdud99 said:
i bet you had to change your pants their for a second... if i were you i woulda shat myself!
I was like "WTF, All I did was pull a fuse".

FUSE 17 CAN KISS MY A$$! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
600 Posts
just think of when someone blows it, and thinks their car is DONE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys, what exactly do you mean by "relearn"? Did you actually go through some sort of sequence, or does the PCM just do it automatically whenever the battery is pulled?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I've heard about some of these resets.
Having disconnecte my battery twice I would also be interested in knowing what to do.
thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Thanks. I have no idea if my MDS is functioning. My window seems to work fine so maybe I wont even mess with it!
I did get a warning light once on the stability control but I turned the wheel left and right and it shut off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've seen threads were people say pulling a certain fuse (maybe 17 not sure) disables ESP (electronic steering) 100% (but also disables ABS). Something I'm just never willing to try. Right up there with turning your ignition key to 'start' and holding it there to get past the 130 mph computer controlled govenor.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Buy the GS Motorsports esp/fan mod for total deactivation of the esp and torque management system,while letting the fan run to help keep engine temperatures down. No more pulling fuse#17 :happy:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
AZCHARGER said:
I pulled #17 (YES, I`m POSITIVE it was #17), and the car would not drive for CRAP! I would punch it, and almost nothing! The car felt like a 10 speed bike! I put the #17 back in, the car seems to run fine, but now I have a "engine trouble" light on! Whats weird is the car smells like its running RICH, and my mileage shot up to 18-20 just while driving around my neighborhood?

I got the following codes too!
V0121
V1120

WTF? Will the "engine trouble" light go out on its own? What should I do?
I can not find any codes that start with V
But a if they start with a U then
U0121?LOST COMMUNICATION WITH
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE. . . . . . . . . . . .21-253
and
U1120-LOST WHEEL DISTANCE MESSAGE . .9-1085
________
WebcamStud live

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
hey Mike....

dude... you got bigger issues then fuse #17 to deal with....

I drove past your house this afternoon to check out the mods on your car.... and I could not belive my eyes when I saw your new exhaust tips....

I knew you were alittle fruity.... but this just proves it....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Buy the GS Motorsports esp/fan mod for total deactivation of the esp and torque management system,while letting the fan run to help keep engine temperatures down. No more pulling fuse#17 :happy:

With possible warranty issues and no proven performance gains yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts