Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe there's hope yet....That future Chargers won;t look like Puegeots....

Never woulda guessed the connection to Comm vans...as possible reason ....

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I had a 1973 Opel Manta Rallye. Quick performance for that era. All the American V8's had been neutered by 1973 and their power-to-weight ratios were horrible. Wish I still had the car. I have seen some modern V8 transplants but a V6 is probably a better choice.

Reactions: Ol*Geezer2018

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Does FCA qualify as an American or Italian corporation?
I was under the impression that in order for them to avail of such loans, they'd have to be paying taxes and such in those respective countries..?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it's Bribe money for the European Regulators...to advance the Puegeot merger ? Nah...its probably for the lucrative one time special dividend they plan in giving once the deal is done...[or maybe for both].. As to where they pay their taxes? They are a Multi-National..I dunno..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe this rumor is true...and Fiat actually has a "plan" on competing in the new EV world afterall ...Tesla --watch out ! What possible use would Puegeot be to this ?

Spotlight on Nikola: Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) will start taking pre-orders on June 29 for the Badger and announce the timing of its Nikola World 2020 event. The electric pickup truck is coming to the market with both a fuel cell and a battery electric version. The fuel cell variant will also have the option to run on full battery power if hydrogen refilling isn't convenient. The Badger will reportedly feature a range of 600 miles (300 on fuel cell +300 on electric), offer over 906 horsepower, up to 980 ft-lbs of torque and a 0-to-60 mph sprint time of 2.9 seconds. Crucially, Nikola is in the process of choosing an OEM partner (rumors of Fiat Chrysler (NYSE:FCAU)), with an announcement expected soon. JPMorgan is positive on the long-term upside. "Nikola is poised to disrupt the transportation industry with rapid deployment of hydrogen infrastructure and FCEV powered vehicles for use on long haul trucking routes, reducing CO2 emissions meaningfully and positioning the firm for a key role in the future hydrogen economy," writes analyst Paul Coster and team. "The resulting business model could be compelling, however risks are elevated for

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,762 Posts
I don’t want any Peugeot DNA anywhere NEAR a Chrysler product. Fiat/Alfa is ****ing bad enough. Nope, do not want. I know this because I owned a craptastic Jeep Renegade ... ERRRRR Fiat 500X. I can only imagine a Peugeot being worse, they unlike the Italians just don’t know performance. They do not have a V6 or larger engine in their lineup anymore. It’s all 3 and 4 cylinder turbo platforms. Again. DO NOT WANT.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is my hope too...FCA partners with Nikola....Puegeot steps aside....and High performance lives on...Maybe thats why FCA is borrowing the big bucks....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts