Charger Forums banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Shot in the back, more than once...What would you classify it? Maybe "suicide by cop"--but, wait, I changed my mind...watch me run...!
...I wish the police could be better trained in non lethal shooting...such as leg wounds....Seems that is never a choice...in this case, I think it should have been the choice...
Winging isnt allowed. It happens by accident but pretty hard to do with legs and arms flailing around on the run. What is the cop to do, shoot him in the leg standing there so he cant run. Non lethal use of a lethal weapon isnt a playbook tactic on the streets.

Sometimes you just need to let the guy continue running when the offense doesn't warrant death. They have his name and can impound his vehicle and get a warrant.

It's all second guessing I know and I'm guilty of that, but how many people need to die where the focus should be on doing what's right instead of compliance at all costs, even death.

I don't know one cop who went to work wishing to harm anyone, but I do see many people on TV intent on rioting and assaulting others including harming our cops. I hate it when cops get suckered into the emotional pit and they lose their self control and sensibilities which is happening at an increasing rate.

But non lethal use lethal weapons is not a good choice. For the very reason above.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Shot in the back, more than once...What would you classify it? Maybe "suicide by cop"--but, wait, I changed my mind...watch me run...!
...I wish the police could be better trained in non lethal shooting...such as leg wounds....Seems that is never a choice...in this case, I think it should have been the choice...
There isn't a single LE agency, state or fed that trains leg or arm shots. "Low Center mass" is the target area. It's the largest target and generally the most stable. Leg, arm and head shots are harder to make and increase risk to bystanders with ricochets. You don't want little Johnny hit by a missed shot.

After having been an Army MP, trained with Air Force SP's and German Police for 4 years (adding another 2 in the reserves), I went to work for NCDOC. At the first qualifying range during CO Basic training, the range cadre stepped up behind me, pulled my hearing protection off and whispered in my ear, "If I see one more head shot, you're going home".

I literally LOL'd and yelled, "But he only needs one more eye for his smiley face!!" They were NOT happy with me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
A Police Officer is allowed to fire on a fleeing suspect if he presents a high risk to the officer or the general public.

He arrived at the Wendy's so drunk he passed out behind the wheel in the drive-thru. He wasn't driven there by someone else, he drove drunk. Let's review how many people are killed or injured by drunk drivers...

When the Police ran his name, they found he is a convicted felon. He was not a "fine upstanding citizen."
When they told him he was under arrest, he fought them to the point he put both officers on the ground, and stole a weapon from an officer. While running, he turned and fired the tazer at an officer. "Non-lethal weapon?" Let's review how many people have died after being shot by a tazer.
There is also the very real chance that if the officer went down, this criminal could have stolen the the officer's firearm and shot the officer and/or other innocent people.
There were many reasons to believe this criminal was a danger to the officers and the public, and the officers had just a few seconds to react. The results are all due to the actions of the criminal, not the officers.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
A Police Officer is allowed to fire on a fleeing suspect if he presents a high risk to the officer or the general public.

He arrived at the Wendy's so drunk he passed out behind the wheel in the drive-thru. He wasn't driven there by someone else, he drove drunk. Let's review how many people are killed or injured by drunk drivers...

When the Police ran his name, they found he is a convicted felon. He was not a "fine upstanding citizen."
When they told him he was under arrest, he fought them to the point he put both officers on the ground, and stole a weapon from an officer. While running, he turned and fired the tazer at an officer. "Non-lethal weapon?" Let's review how many people have died after being shot by a tazer.
There is also the very real chance that if the officer went down, this criminal could have stolen the the officer's firearm and shot the officer and/or other innocent people.
There were many reasons to believe this criminal was a danger to the officers and the public, and the officers had just a few seconds to react. The results are all due to the actions of the criminal, not the officers.
Apparently, in the current climate it doesn't matter if you're a criminal, if you were beating someone, robbing someone, resisting arrest, whatever. You're elevated to sainthood. I don't think it matters WHAT color the guy was...he resisted arrest, pummeled two officers, took one of their tasers and allegedly aimed it at them while running. That'll get you shot.

As I said in an earlier post, the only recent "big news" murder of a black person (because it isn't news for the 90% that are killed by other blacks) where it appears some random innocent guy was killed wasn't an act of the police. It was a couple of cracker thugs in Georgia. And it's looking like they'll be spending the rest of their lives in jail if they're lucky, and get a visit with the chair if they're not.

My empathy cup is really starting to run dry.

Best,

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Shooting the guy in the back...for resisting arrest ...Seems a cowardly move to me...I suspect the cop was afraid of all the embarrassment of loosing his taser, and refex action when he turned and
pointed it [training would be for a gun pointed]...As ONEZ said...coulda let him go..impound car, warrant...get him later...This is not Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead, make my day"...which was face to face...and would be easier to condone...

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Shooting the guy in the back...for resisting arrest ...Seems a cowardly move to me...I suspect the cop was afraid of all the embarrassment of loosing his taser, and refex action when he turned and
pointed it [training would be for a gun pointed]...As ONEZ said...coulda let him go..impound car, warrant...get him later...This is not Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead, make my day"...which was face to face...and would be easier to condone...
Were you there? Let the courts do their thing. I see a common theme here with you.

Best,

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Today is Juneteenth, 19 June.

The news is pretty quiet on the insurrection front. Aren't any riots taking place today? . As me and the wife were drinking coffee this warm Texas morning I read an article that said that slavery ended in 1863 with the signing of the emancipation proclamation but not all Texas slaves were told until June 19th 1865.

Me: Wow, that took a while to get around our large State.

Wife: I'm pretty sure they didn't have cell phones then.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Perhaps the Common Thread is "Common Sense".....
The term you're probably really looking for is "confirmation bias."

The lefties have been packing the courts in these urban areas for generations (along with the police departments) as they have been plundering and not delivering on much of anything other than chaos. Not sure how much "friendlier" a court could be for their views, but still the methods of the klan are their go-to methods: anonymity, violence, mob rule, burning things in the night. Black Lives (Tm) are just a pawn in their game. If they cared one iota about black lives, they'd be after the rampant violence, crime, poverty, and death in their own jurisdictions. I find it laughable that the woke media is completely OK being complicit in this misdirection game if they think it'll help get rid of the bad orange man. Be careful what you ask for.

Best,

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Given today's social climate fueled by unrest where 90% of the media and left leaning courts are sympathetic to social plight and unrest; why not use some common sense that requires compassion and deescalation given the fact there are cell phones recording every move and word a cop says.

Yes he was drunk, and he was initially passive, and then in his drunken state resisted arrest when he was being cuffed, and got into a tussle overpowering two cops, and ran with a taser and looking back while running and raising the taser.

Running away from police with a stolen taser is not an offense warranting killing someone over while being filmed on multiple video doing it and then walking up and giving the guy a little kick for whatever reason.

You have cops standing on the front lines having rocks, bottles, bricks, human crap, and occasionally an incendiary thrown at them. For some reason can resist using deadly force. Yet two beat cops investigating a drunk asleep at the wheel manage to kill the guy running away from them, not even running toward them or even while the physical struggle was taking place. That's where the mistake was made. There is a decision point where use of deadly force us justified and when its not.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
There is a decision point where use of deadly force us justified and when its not.
Yep, and that will ultimately be litigated in a court room. Won't do much good for the deceased person, but the courtroom is where the litigation should occur, not in the media while anarchists use the incident as an excuse to injure people and destroy property.

Best,

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I agree, and I'm hoping the process isnt a stacked deck.
Why would the deck be stacked? Atlanta hasn't had anything other than a Democratic government since 1879 (look it up). It should be a utopian paradise after 140 years of uninterrupted Democratic rule, eh? Same goes for Chicago...uninterrupted Democratic rule since 1931....almost 100 years. I see a pattern here...do you?

Maybe this will help spell it out:

(Below is the full list of the 25 most dangerous cities in the US, ranked by their Violent Crime Rate per 100,000 residents.)

What do almost all of those cities have in common other than the soft bigotry of low expectations?

Best,

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Ritz...I'm sure you are racing towards Tulsa right now...in your Tesla...No need to have to stop for gas...There's still several seats avail...Hope you make it...!

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Ritz...I'm sure you are racing towards Tulsa right now...in your Tesla...No need to have to stop for gas...There's still several seats avail...Hope you make it...!
That the best you can do? The data isn't kind to what happens when you put Democrats in charge. I can't wait for the Trump/Biden debates. I'm not even really much of a Trump "fan," but I do believe in holding people accountable. The rioting in the streets and anarchy is actually going to play right into Trump's hands in November. The data doesn't lie about where that's occurring and who has ruled in those places since you were a young geezer (probably even before that).

Best,

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Im going to take a run down pit lane and say I am both relieved there was no evidence of racist doing with the garage door pull. And that Wallace was not a target of racism in this fabricated charge. I am very dismayed at Nascar for causing panic, and the teams for making a fool of themselves.

Wallace, used, no, exploited this event for his agenda. He finally acknowledged NASCAR and the FBIs finding that the loop was a door pull. In fact it is not uncommon to find loops of rope in public places such as those found in an Oakland CA park that were used for exercise. Wallace, didn't even see the rope pull, but was informed about by an overzealous NASCAR official. I will credit Wallace, for acknowledging he was embarrassed by his over response. But I critize him for marginalizing it by saying it was done in caution. The ramification of his responses and his 15 minutes of fame has many, including me, sort of questioning his integrity. In response to his bring upset: So?

The teams were used. Exploited. Voluntarily, they pushed his car down pit lane with everyone walking in solidarity against racism targeted at Wallace, that never was. At least it was a perfect photo op. For who? You clowns exploited yourselves. So?

But the real offender is NASCAR. Over responded, threatened to ban for life the person responsible for this inside job. Morons. Now make an open apology as forceful as your threat.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I agree with all you said...But, have one question , never heard it mentioned.."Was the rope actually tied as noose...or a solid loop?"..A noose is tied so as to allow it to tighten around the neck when yanked....I would think that a door pull would would not be...I know I wouldn't want to reach up, pull , and have it tighten around my wrist....FBI and Nascar, never mention...Or did I miss something here..?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree with all you said...But, have one question , never heard it mentioned.."Was the rope actually tied as noose...or a solid loop?"..A noose is tied so as to allow it to tighten around the neck when yanked....I would think that a door pull would would not be...I know I wouldn't want to reach up, pull , and have it tighten around my wrist....FBI and Nascar, never mention...Or did I miss something here..?
Notice the size next to the door track.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts