Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend told me that the chrome door handles, of my '08 Charger R/T, looked funny and were sticky, like a crumb-cruncher had his sticky little hands all over the handle. I knew this not to be the case, as my Charger is factory fresh. Upon close examination, I could see a protective plastic film applied to the handle. This I easily peeled-off from the door handles. Is there a similiar plastic film over the chrome strips across the dash and all four doors of the R/T? These chrome strips look cloudy and funky. I have not found a loose corner or edge yet that I could peel off any additional factory protective films, applied to the chrome strips. Do I have anything else to peel-off?? :confused:

Thanks,

Shenandoah2000

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I would have thought that if they were there, the dealer should have removed during pre-delivery inspection. I would suggest a quick trip back there and have them take a look.

Also have them kick the a$$ of whoever did the PDI if it turns out they are protective films.....that would be just sloppy work, and would make me wonder what else they may have missed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have thought that if they were there, the dealer should have removed during pre-delivery inspection. I would suggest a quick trip back there and have them take a look.

Also have them kick the a$$ of whoever did the PDI if it turns out they are protective films.....that would be just sloppy work, and would make me wonder what else they may have missed.
I located my R/T online, at another dealer about twenty miles away. My dealer traded a vehicle, to get my ride. They drove it over and
washed it. Then they had a paint sealer on, along w/ a leather
waterproof treatment for the seats. The guy that came and did the work missed a couple of places near the front headrests (backside of the front seats), and left five finger prints, on the broad leather strip between the rear seats. They could have done a better job of cleaning around the rear wheel-wells also [not certain, as I could have flipped-up some water and road dirt, on the way home; 23 miles distant]. To avoid a twenty mile drive back to the dealership, I will touch-up the seat leather myself. Gave the R/T its first bath, on Monday evening.

Leaving on a four day weekend tomorrow. Going to Bowling Green, KY. Going once again, to the National Corvette Museum and doing the GM Assembly Plant tour, where Vettes and Caddy XLR's are born.

Shenandoah2000

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I located my R/T online, at another dealer about twenty miles away. My dealer traded a vehicle, to get my ride. They drove it over and
washed it. Then they had a paint sealer on, along w/ a leather
waterproof treatment for the seats. The guy that came and did the work missed a couple of places near the front headrests (backside of the front seats), and left five finger prints, on the broad leather strip between the rear seats. They could have done a better job of cleaning around the rear wheel-wells also [not certain, as I could have flipped-up some water and road dirt, on the way home; 23 miles distant]. To avoid a twenty mile drive back to the dealership, I will touch-up the seat leather myself. Gave the R/T its first bath, on Monday evening.
Leather sealer? I was under the impression that the "leather" in our R/T's is actually "pleather." I haven't fiddled with my seats yet, but I was going to use 303 aerospace protectant on them

http://www.303products.com/tech/ind...&Product_ID=428&CFID=3867049&CFTOKEN=52121647

if they aren't real leather. And if they turn out to be gen-u-wine leather, I'll use RM Williams (fancy Aussie boot/shoe company) saddle soap on them. Anyone know for sure? The 303 stuff is supposed to be good for finished leather too, but I like the smell of the saddle soap. :)

Best,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts