Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made the decision today after seeing in person a GoMan Daytona that I'm not going for the Top Banana one I have dibs on at the dealer. I also have a black R/T w/ the performance group on order, and today told the dealer thats the car I will definately take. Problem is, it has been on order since June 17th. I ordered the black car with every option except the smokers group. I have been waiting for it to come out of BG status, but no go. About two weeks ago I almost pulled the protection group of because Production News showed that option on hold, but on 7/14/05 Production News pulled the hold status, so I left the order alone. Today the dealer tells me that ,no, the protection group is on hold thrioug 8/31/05 at least and the car is still BG status. Soooooo.... I tell him to pull the protection group off, because I need delivery by 10/1/05 the latest. But yesterdays issue of the Production News doesn't show the potection group on hold. I can have the dealer put it back on up until the time the car hits the production gate. Does anyone know what the real deal is on the protection group? Sorry for the long post. :embarrese

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I`m praying with you that there not on hold!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Unfortunatly, I think as many times in the car business, DCX probobly doesn't even know when it will come off of hold. Most likely it's a vendor issue and either a new vendor is in the process of entering production or the old one is fixing a screw-up. We see this all the time at work when Mercedes releases a new car.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
My R/T with Protection Group has been on order (and in BG) since May 16 '05. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time that the Protection Group hasn't been given a new "delay date" by DCX.

At first it was "on hold" then it went to "not available for June" then "Not available for July" then "Not available for August" and now my dealer says that they will be producing them in Sept. The airfleet site no longer lists protection group as on hold/restriction, either, which is encouraging; this is the first time since June that it's been missing from the hold/delay list.

I think we'll all find out sometime next week when they do the Sept. build schedule. My dealer thinks that I should get scheduled due to how long my order has been in; I guess we'll see come Wednesday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope your right and it works out for you mnunes. I wasn't willing to gamble. I want to be in my new lovely 10/1. I live in New England and would perfer not to take a winter delivery. I'd like to enjoy it new before the snow and salt start to fly! :happy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts