Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any current info on the status of the side airbag Protection Group option on the Charger RT? I have placed my order with it then cancelled and reordered without it. If it is now available I might change it again. I may never get this car!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nothing new as far as I know. Still not available.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, today the ARI PRODUCTION NEWS site was updated and it does not show this option as being held up as it has shown for the last two months. I guess I will go back to my dealer and ask him to check, but who knows, it might be delayed later on. I wish there was a way to get a definite answer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Before the previous update (which showed the air bags on hold), it showed the Charger side air bags with a Job#1 date. So now it's not on hold and it doesn't have a job1 date. :confused: Dealers seem to know less about this than many here...just either they can order it or they can't.

Not that they would know either, but I wonder if anyone has tried asking Dodge through the customer assistance email/phone number from the web site?

ETA: I just sent an e-mail off to Dodge and I'll post the reply assuming I get one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for my ignorance but does Job#1 mean that is the actual date that that option will be produced? If there is no Job#1 date does that mean it is not scheduled to be produced?

I tried the Dodge customer service line two months ago and they told me the Protection Group option was available and then referred me to my dealer.

What a dilemma?

·
Registered
58 Posts
hsmith1 said:
Sorry for my ignorance but does Job#1 mean that is the actual date that that option will be produced? If there is no Job#1 date does that mean it is not scheduled to be produced?

I tried the Dodge customer service line two months ago and they told me the Protection Group option was available and then referred me to my dealer.

What a dilemma?
I haven't seen it explained, but my interpretation is that is the first date scheduled for production with that option. No hold or Job1 date would lead me to think it's already in production, but I think that would have been reported here if so. Up to know it's either had a job1 or hold listing on the ari site ever since I became interested in the car.

This caused me to delay further pursuing a Charger and now I might just wait until spring anyway with winter not far away.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Talked to my dealer on Saturday and I was told there are some bugs with the side air bags so they will not make them available again until they get the problems resolved. I was told probably not resolved until 2007 models are introduced.
Charles Brown

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yea, it seems that if you want a 2006, let the side airbag thing go. Buy the cabin air filter kit and install it yourself.

Good news/bad news for those who wait. Rumor is (from my dealer) side airbags will be standard equipment on the 2007. Bad news? I bet the 2007 model will see a higher base sticker, and, you're gonna miss out on the next eight months or so in the car that's got you so worked up to have!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I received a reply from Dodge today that didn'y say much other than:

..."At this time, we have no immediate date of availability for the
supplemental side air bags on Chargers. If you have already ordered a
Charger, we recommend that you stay in contact with your salesmen for
updates.

Thank you again for your email."...

·
Registered
331 Posts
FIRST THIS:

jrourke said:
I received a reply from Dodge today that didn'y say much other than:

..."At this time, we have no immediate date of availability for the
supplemental side air bags on Chargers. If you have already ordered a
Charger, we recommend that you stay in contact with your salesmen for
updates.
THEN THIS:

steve88 said:
I have chargers with protection group in D1. They were all in C. But the problem is fixed!
I'm more confused than ever. So which is it? Is the Protection Group available or not?

·
Registered
600 Posts
When i Struck up a deal for my charger the Sales rep asked "do you want the optional airbags" ..... I then Turned to him and said "Do u think i want to be alive when/if i crash this thing?" he then said. ""ok so no airbags!" if the crash doesn't kill me, i'll probably go kill myself!!! LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
the airbags aren't on hold. That is the information I got. Once I received this information the 4 chargers we had in BX or C all moved to D1.

·
Registered
331 Posts
This is great news. :)
I'm going to call up my dealer when I get home and see if I can order one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts