Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my charger in to get the smashed passenger window replaced and the business that did it obviously needed to remove the interior panel. They FIRST pried up the window control piece out of the door panel to unplug it and THEN removed the door panel fasteners around the outside of the door panel in order to remove the entire panel.
Well when they pried off the control piece, they damaged the door panel surrounding the piece and now the control piece has gaps around it and does not fit flush with the arm rest area like the drivers side does. The drivers side was not touched since factory.

I looked in the repair book I bought and it shows to FIRST remove the door panel fasteners and SECOND to reach up under the trim panel from the bottom and unplug the harness to the control piece. Then the entire piece can be removed from the door frame. Does anyone else know of a proper method to remove the panel??

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I remember when I took mine off there are the pop rivets and 3 screws at the bottom, then you just pull and it pops right out....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have got this figured out 4 years later, but while going through here, someone else might find this video helpful. I took off the door panel to a Dodge Challenger and it is the exact same as the Charger, so hopefully this video helps!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks, RoadTrackChallenger! I definitely needed this. However, I actually need to go a bit deeper. While replacing my speaker in that door, I actually dropped the door the rod that connects the inside door handle to the lock assembly. This snapped the bracket on the lock assembly and bend the rod. I've purchased both parts, but the dealership said I had to wait a week for them to get me in. I decided I'd try to replace the part myself.

Would you happen to know exactly how to get at the lock assembly? It seems to be behind that material that gets exposed when you take the panel off. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That plasticky fabric stuff you are talking about is held in place by this gummy, rubbery, black cement stuff. If you use a razor blade and run it up against the metal door panel under the cement stuff, that stuff should peel back pretty easily. If you are careful you can just reuse this same cement when you put the fabric back, otherwise you might want to get some of it at the auto parts store. However, if you aren't too worried about it going back the exact way it came out, then you can just pull that fabric back no problem. It'll just be a little looser than it was before. Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
498 Posts
That plasticky fabric stuff you are talking about is held in place by this gummy, rubbery, black cement stuff. If you use a razor blade and run it up against the metal door panel under the cement stuff, that stuff should peel back pretty easily. If you are careful you can just reuse this same cement when you put the fabric back, otherwise you might want to get some of it at the auto parts store. However, if you aren't too worried about it going back the exact way it came out, then you can just pull that fabric back no problem. It'll just be a little looser than it was before. Does that answer your question?
Yup. Just got done replacing the door lock actuator and all the latch rods. What a pain! Everything works though. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Part number for internal door fasteners - white and yellow

2014 Charger SXT. Looking for the white and yellow fasteners that hold the panel to the door. I've read this thread and it seems like what's mentioned is the kind that are seen from inside the vehicle and have a hole in the middle to push to lock the fastener. I'm looking for the part numbers for the yellow and white ones that are hidden behind the door panel and hold the panel to the door. Picture (of the broken one)

Here's a picture of what's left of the white one I broke.

BTW - anyone know where I can get small parts like this without paying a fortune for shipping?

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Parts store sells these. Couple of bucks for a small package, 4-6 or so to a pack.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I was hoping someone would have the part number. I've ordered some online and they should be here today or tomorrow. If they are right, I'll post the part number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts