Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the concept of the mods to the exterior I am currently planning for "Phase 1".

Tint: Front Windows Light, Back & Read Limo Complete
Lights: GTS Snap-ons
Fuel Door: Flat Black to match spoiler and grille
Door Handle Frames: Flat Black to match spoiler, grille, and fuel door

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
lookin good bro!! now we need ACTUAL pics :grin:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Super sweet!! Need more pics!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
DO NOT DO THE LIGHT COVERS ON THE REAR !!!!!! They will blow off once up to highway speeds.

Looks cool to me, keep on moddin

Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some research last night, going to skip the GTS covers, and just tint the rear, leaving the front bright (better look).

As far as the hood goes, i like it, but not sure how it will pan out in flat black, which is the detailing theme i am trying to stick to to match the factory parts.

Going to order my new door handle frames and gas cap tomorrow to send out to paint.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Detour time.

Got a lot more opinions about the lights, going to just blackout the rears with tint (this weekend), do the door handle frames, and the gas cap stays plum crazy.

Now, i have to figure out what to do about this air dam...

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I did some research last night, going to skip the GTS covers, and just tint the rear, leaving the front bright (better look).

As far as the hood goes, i like it, but not sure how it will pan out in flat black, which is the detailing theme i am trying to stick to to match the factory parts.

Going to order my new door handle frames and gas cap tomorrow to send out to paint.
i think ridergrafix makes a daytona style hood decal that you can get to say 6.1L hemi... a few ideas, i'm sure they can make something up for you. I'm loving the door handles, that's a great idea! if i had a daytona or any color other than black i'd do that too!

http://www.ridergraphix.com/
http://www.ridergraphix.com/charger_SRT_Hood_Spear.html
http://www.ridergraphix.com/Charger_Ramair_Hood_Main.html
http://www.ridergraphix.com/charger_SRT_Hood_Main.html

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
you should do the "Legmaker mod". Flat black pockets on those wheels would finish it off nicely IMHO

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got any good pics of that "legmaker mod", can't seem to find any. I had been toying around with refinishing the SRT rims in flat black as well, then redoing the brembo's in plum crazy.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, i must be blind from being tired tonight, but just the front facia is left unpainted right?

If so, i like that, the outer ring and spokes, while painting the sides of the spokes and the inner.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Sorry, i must be blind from being tired tonight, but just the front facia is left unpainted right?

If so, i like that, the outer ring and spokes, while painting the sides of the spokes and the inner.
yeah, it's just painted the pockets between the spokes

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
good decision on the gas cap. On the fence wrt door handle frames.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Just ordered my custom plates, what do you think?

Cool plate. I'm anxious to see your other mods.

Shame the dealership put the plate on the front if you aren't required to put front plates on in CA. If so, they ruined the smooth front end for a cheap advertising opportunity. This was one of my concerns buying my PC in Ohio b/c they run front plates and we do not in PA. Didn't want unnecessary holes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately we are required in CA to have them, so having the holes pre-drilled with that nice mounting assembly saved me some time :)

Plus the replacements for that advertising spot is enroute.

Top: Plum Crazy SRT8
Bottom: #165/300

1 - 20 of 22 Posts