Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an 07 Charger for a company car with the 5.7 and I cannot run anything but 87 octane. Will any of the flash programmers be worth the money since I can't use the premium fuel option? I was looking at the Superchips programmer since there are some on the for sale forum.

I'm getting my car in less than a month. No more Ford!

Erik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A guy that was issued one today told me that, but I'll just use the factory recommended fuel and see if anyone tells me different.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The police Chargers (5.7's) I use at work have been using 87 since new. They all now have over 40k HARD miles and run fine.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am getting an 07 Charger for a company car with the 5.7 and I cannot run anything but 87 octane. Will any of the flash programmers be worth the money since I can't use the premium fuel option? I was looking at the Superchips programmer since there are some on the for sale forum.

I'm getting my car in less than a month. No more Ford!

Erik
To answer your question, the Superchip has an 87 octane tune. My Charger seemed to run a little better than stock on the 87 tune w/SC. I liked the SC for the 87 tune since we can only get 86, 88 and 91 here. I ran the 87 tune for about a month until I got my aFe II and then switched to the 91 tune. Slight improvement in MPG, better performance and the transmission shifts were better. I would recommend the SC if your going to run 87. The ability to gain better shifting, reduce Torque Mgmt., are worth it to me, especially since you can get a great deal on a used one now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts