Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think?

Apparently this photographer's friend shot the pics for the nice to see (regular Charger), not so nice to see (Pursuit Charger in rearview) style ad. Was surprised to see him taking the pics while at the Planting Fields Arboretum, but this wasn't the first time someone randomly snapped pics of my car :banana:

· Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Very nice!!!

· Premium Member
2,138 Posts
I love 'em.

· Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Great pictures!!

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Great pics! Those wheels are perfect on our cars!

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
holy mother of over saturated color curve compression :) I'd love what it looks like on my photo editing computer.

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
Looking at it on my color balanced monitor, it's even more saturated.

The person taking the photo's you said is professional? Does he (or she) derive 50% of the income from photography? I looked at the technical details of the photo and they are all over the place.

Beautiful car!

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at it on my color balanced monitor, it's even more saturated.

The person taking the photo's you said is professional? Does he (or she) derive 50% of the income from photography? I looked at the technical details of the photo and they are all over the place.

Beautiful car!
I have to agree with PD...the color saturation is a bit over the top.

Might look better if it were a bit more natural...

If I remember correctly, he said he normally photographs aviation. His friend was the professional, he may have been just starting out. This is based on the akward but kinda cool (yet quick) conversation you have when you come back to your car in the parking lot and see someone snapping shots (with a sophisticated looking camera) :). He sent these to me via email and I posted them, I didn't edit them at all. You guys want to take a crack at making them look more natural?

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
If I remember correctly, he said he normally photographs aviation. His friend was the professional, he may have been just starting out. This is based on the akward but kinda cool (yet quick) conversation you have when you come back to your car in the parking lot and see someone snapping shots (with a sophisticated looking camera) :). He sent these to me via email and I posted them, I didn't edit them at all. You guys want to take a crack at making them look more natural?
It's at best an average level consumer DSLR camera, and edited with cheap software I wouldn't even bother to install on my computer.

DD did an ok job, given what he had to work with. Taking out over edited features is a lot more difficult than to edit properly to begin with.

I do like the perspective that was used, I would have shot with a much smaller (number) f-stop, which would have shallowed up the depth of field considerably. In that much sunlight a polarizing filter can do a lot to take out the glare, without over enhancing the color saturation. The camera is also on manual white balance, which based on the rest of the settings is likely a mistake. The only time I have ever used manual WB in sunlight is when I tried to get the color correct on my old Plum. That color is the toughest color I've ever shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.