Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple weeks my car has been giving me a problem starting up. I'll turn the key and and it chokes for like 3 seconds or so and then starts up. I've had my car 2 months and this has been happening to me for about a week now. It only happens when it's off for a short period of time and then when i got to start it up it'll do it. Yesterday it happened to me like 3 times. Anyone else having this same problem?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Not me..what kind of gas do you use, do you generally fill up at a busy gas station or a slow one? Could have gotten some crapy/dirty gas, have you filled up since this has started??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Shell 91 and i have filled up once but it was doing it the week before.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
The station was getting a fuel delivery that day was it? That will kick all the debris and moisture up which then gets pumped in your tank, never fill up when the station is getting filled. Mine has done it and I think it was bad gas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i may call the dealer anyways just to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
The same thing happened to me the other day and I started a thread but got no help :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
when u say choke what do u mean.? mines hesitates for a while like there is a litle delay even if im fully turning the key. it is that what u mean?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
mine does the same thing. It is extremely intermittent so have hesitated bringing it into the dealer...i have asked around and been told maybe a starter, alternator, battery or solenoid??

If i turn the key i get like a chugging noise for three seconds, let off, try again and all is good. Happens like 1 out of 50 starts, with or without a/c on.

If you get more info please post and i will the same

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats exactly what I mean! It makes a chugging noise for like 3 seconds and then it starts. I'm calling the dealer today.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah thats exactly what I mean! It makes a chugging noise for like 3 seconds and then it starts. I'm calling the dealer today.
got the same thing in my srt... never even thought about it, just figured it needs a few more kicks to get such a large engine moving ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts