Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i happen to have the paxton s/c that is lubed via a hose that connects the oil pan to the underside of the supercharger. this hose has small leak right by where the hose connects to the oil pan in the flex part of the hose. has anyone had this problem ? recommended fix ? i realize i could just order the hose from gs motorsports.id like not to if i dont have to or a comprable hose from another manufacturer? also is it possibel to fill the s/c with oil and then plug it so it becomes self lubricating ?

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
I know Vortech is now selling a self lubed system. I think they call it the SL line. The hose from the blower to the oil pan is the drain tube. You should be able to replace it with any oil resistant line. Just make sure there is absolutely no restriction whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure what you mean?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Your Paxton is probably fed oil from the engine oiling system. After this oil passes through the supercharger is has to drain back to the engine oil pan. Is this the line that is leaking? If so, you could probably use any oil resistant line/hose to replace it. It should not be under pressure. They are usually a gravity drain hose. Just make sure it is the same size or oil could back up in the blower and cause more problems.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You should have had a bung welded to the side of the pan while the motor was out and then run a nice AN line from the S/C to the side of the pan.It would have drained better and the hose would not have leaked.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey eric nie to hear from you ,well the oil pan i have is a different one then the one i had originally . tony never bunged a new hole just used the hole where the drain plug goes. so what do you think is leaking the hose itsself ? or did the connection losen up a bit ? looks like im headed back to ct lolololololol.steel the tube connects to the bottom back of the s/c and runs into the oil pan in actuality runs into the drain plug. where it should have a bunge in the side .id like to get a nice braided stainless stell line .

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hmmm...that sounds kinda wierd. I think you would benefit from moving the drain line to the side of the pan. You want that drain tube above the oil level in the pan. Otherwise, it is fighting gravity from the oil already in the pan. Those centrifugals like a nice unrestricted drain line back to the motor. At least from the Mustang world they did. I don't see why things would be any different in your case. A restricted oil return would cause all kinds of damage and leaks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Hmmm...that sounds kinda wierd. I think you would benefit from moving the drain line to the side of the pan. You want that drain tube above the oil level in the pan. Otherwise, it is fighting gravity from the oil already in the pan. Those centrifugals like a nice unrestricted drain line back to the motor. At least from the Mustang world they did. I don't see why things would be any different in your case. A restricted oil return would cause all kinds of damage and leaks.
nail on the head.

i think you can seriously damage your S/C if you dont have the oil return line above the oil level in the pan.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH SO THAT HOSE is the return ? then where is the oil being sucked in from ? i see the hose that leads to it,im just not sure where it is connected to that it get the oil from.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Your engine's oil pressure is what feeds your blower. There is a pressure line from the engine to the supercharger. After running through the supercharger it has to drain back to the oil pan. I would assume that there is a "t" fitting at the oil pressure sending unit. That is probably where the oil pressure for the blower comes from.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK looks like i have some work to do. thanks for the heads up on the return hose.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
nail on the head.

i think you can seriously damage your S/C if you dont have the oil return line above the oil level in the pan.
Nah....your not going to damage it.The oil draws back as the pump draws from the pan.It's just not the optimal way to mount it,but thats the way GSM designed it.....I had it that way on mine and I think Chris still does,but I had AN fittings and braided stainless that didn't leak.
I would prefer to see a return in the side of the pan but it needs to be removed to weld the fitting in.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Your engine's oil pressure is what feeds your blower. There is a pressure line from the engine to the supercharger. After running through the supercharger it has to drain back to the oil pan. I would assume that there is a "t" fitting at the oil pressure sending unit. That is probably where the oil pressure for the blower comes from.
Nope.....Gen 3 Hemi's have a secondary 3/8 npt fitting above the filter....no need to T off anything.There would be a -4 line running from there to the top of the blower.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nope.....Gen 3 Hemi's have a secondary 3/8 npt fitting above the filter....no need to T off anything.There would be a -4 line running from there to the top of the blower.
Good to know that. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Nah....your not going to damage it.The oil draws back as the pump draws from the pan.It's just not the optimal way to mount it,but thats the way GSM designed it.....I had it that way on mine and I think Chris still does,but I had AN fittings and braided stainless that didn't leak.
I would prefer to see a return in the side of the pan but it needs to be removed to weld the fitting in.
wasnt it the early vortechs that were having issues with oil or something?
i want to say it was an installer issue with the oil not being able to escape the blower or something.. and overheating, or the oil getting into the compressor

been too long and i cant remember,

but its good to know mr.nanner here is safe ;) thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn removing the oil pan would be a major pain in the arse. ill talk to tony about it . you couldnt be closer eric lolololololol. where did you get the braided stailless line ? parts list if from a kit would be cool ?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
damn removing the oil pan would be a major pain in the arse. ill talk to tony about it . you couldnt be closer eric lolololololol. where did you get the braided stailless line ? parts list if from a kit would be cool ?
Summit....-8 line and fittings.You could always take the train back:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you promise there wont be a 65 year old woman talking my ear off for 8 hours again lololololol.-8 an line for both side ? you know i do have a few ends to tie up :) im gonna pm you .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts