Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — The 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 will start at $35,995, which includes a destination charge of $675.

The Charger SRT8 will be powered by a 6.1-liter Hemi V8, which produces 425 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque, helping the car to achieve a 0-to-60-mph time in the low-5-second range.

The SRT8's power plant differs from that of the 5.7-liter Charger engine with its reinforced engine block, forged-steel crankshaft and high-strength connecting rods.

Other unique features to the vehicle include large-diameter anti-sway bars, Bilstein dampers, Brembo four-piston disc brakes, and 20-inch forged-aluminum wheels. Special styling cues in the SRT8 theme include performance-trimmed sculpted seats, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, a unique front fascia with cooling ducts, a hood scoop, dual 3.5-inch exhaust tips, and a rear-mounted spoiler.

What this means to you: If you like the Charger's aggressive styling but find its standard 5.7-liter Hemi too soft for your tastes, the SRT version should have all the power you need.

Source

·
Registered
274 Posts
I read in november they'll be out

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Sometime between Nov and Feb is a safe bet:)

·
Registered
832 Posts
HAHA :eek: what up ****ers the orignal postas is in the house :headbang: (is **** and **** bleeped out )i bet ya'll thought ya'll would never here from me again. How goes it GLHS? probly been kinda quiet huh? i still see ekool didn't put my font back up? while hes manging other forums its cool. In all of my charger fanaticism i downloaded that stupid induction unit which is crap. But i have not been out of the loop. let me ask something. (storytime :rolleyes: )so i call mother mopar cuz the dealers have no brochures for the charger, and this bastards send me a generic book w/the whole dodge line up! like i care about the caravan(unless they make a Caravan SRT6 :twisted: that whats up. so how bout it who got the charger book?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hi Ron, no changes other than pricing. My dealer had brochures to hand out a week or two ago.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RonRacer said:
HAHA :eek: what up ****ers the orignal postas is in the house :headbang: (is **** and **** bleeped out )i bet ya'll thought ya'll would never here from me again. How goes it GLHS? probly been kinda quiet huh? i still see ekool didn't put my font back up? while hes manging other forums its cool. In all of my charger fanaticism i downloaded that stupid induction unit which is crap. But i have not been out of the loop. let me ask something. (storytime :rolleyes: )so i call mother mopar cuz the dealers have no brochures for the charger, and this bastards send me a generic book w/the whole dodge line up! like i care about the caravan(unless they make a Caravan SRT6 :twisted: that whats up. so how bout it who got the charger book?
I have one, it sits at my desk next to my srt catalog :love:
Ron, pm me and I'll see what I can do to get you one...

·
Registered
353 Posts
does any 1 no what the [dvg] vlp transmission is thats for the charger -mag- and chrysler modles .it has a release date of 12-01-05

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Jim, your gonna have to put that in english:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
i called dodge this morning and they said yes its a trans change as of 12-01-05.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Across all LX bodies? If so, what exaclty does this do? I read some stuff about how the trans can keep the line pressure low between shifts, which is supposed to be a good longevity thing. But how that applies or what it might mean other than that, I don't know.

·
Registered
832 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Hi Ron, no changes other than pricing. My dealer had brochures to hand out a week or two ago.
Super Moder huh :clap:
chargershed said:
I have one, it sits at my desk next to my srt catalog :love:
Ron, pm me and I'll see what I can do to get you one...
Hhheeeyyyy the whole gang still here. What SRT catalog?? the little book w/the srt charger on the cover?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Nah, its the normal new model brochure size, maybe 10x15. Not a ton of SRT info in there, but some. Nothing we didn't know. Yeah, the trolls were getting out of hand, so I asked for some juice.
Helps that Ekool has known me for 2.5 years over at SRTforums

·
Registered
832 Posts
:bored: I got that one i want straight charger!!!!
My wife got like a giant book when the eclipse first drop i want a giant book to :cry:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RON, The SRT cat I have just says SRT on the front and includes ALL of the SRT vehicles ( including the jeep)...I presently have the only Charger brochure at my dealership, so I can't send you one...sorry :cry:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts