Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hood.. I swore id never drive any american pos... But im in love wit the charger , but does anyone have idea what kinda prices we lookin at.. mainly for the RT .... Cuz its either gonna be the 06 charger or the 06 Accord for me...

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No, of course not 40K, that makes it more exspensive than the damn 300C.
Base figure around low-mid 20s, high 20s to 30 with the 5.7 hemi. I think the SRT-8 will be maybe 35-37K Since the top of the line SRT-8 300C will hit at 39,900.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell me what exactly be the Diff between the Rt , and the SRT-8 .. yea ima Noob.. this mopar shit is a new world to me... im an importer at heart so take it easy on me..

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No problem, we're here to ease you back in:)

SRT = the perfomance arm of Dodge and Chrysler

More details later, quick synopsis now.

RT = 5.7L 340hp Hemi motor, fairly tight suspension 6 sec 0-60, Maybe high 13s 1/4ile time, maybe mid 13s, not quite sure yet.

SRT = 6.1 liter Hemi engine, way more than just a .4 liter bump though. Up to
420hp, maybe about that in real wheel hp. Figure 0-60 in mid 5s or better, 1/4 is reported to be high 12s, but surely no worse than low 13s.

To put it in import terms, the SRT is to the RT what an R32 is to a GTI. Or a EVO is to a Ralliart, or an STi to a WRX:)

RT = Normal folk level of sportiness
SRT = Nutso gearhead level, compromise need not apply:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GLHS837 said:
No problem, we're here to ease you back in:)

SRT = the perfomance arm of Dodge and Chrysler

More details later, quick synopsis now.

RT = 5.7L 340hp Hemi motor, fairly tight suspension 6 sec 0-60, Maybe high 13s 1/4ile time, maybe mid 13s, not quite sure yet.

SRT = 6.1 liter Hemi engine, way more than just a .4 liter bump though. Up to
420hp, maybe about that in real wheel hp. Figure 0-60 in mid 5s or better, 1/4 is reported to be high 12s, but surely no worse than low 13s.

To put it in import terms, the SRT is to the RT what an R32 is to a GTI. Or a EVO is to a Ralliart, or an STi to a WRX:)

RT = Normal folk level of sportiness
SRT = Nutso gearhead level, compromise need not apply:)

Good lookin out friend.. i appreciate this breakdown an u didnt even clown me for owning a honda

·
Registered
27 Posts
1900KiLLa said:
Good lookin out friend.. i appreciate this breakdown an u didnt even clown me for owning a honda
I won't clown you for buying a Honda. But please buy a Charger and boost my profit sharing check. JK. HAHA

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Of course I didn't clown on the Honda :) I don't pick on the weak :D

(Damnit, EKOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!! WHERE'S MY STICK POKEY SMILEY??????? It should automatically move in when I sign up for any of your forums :p )

Sorry, take no offense, I know there are fast Hondas, as there are fast examples of all cars. Just playing, and helping you gain the REALLY thick skin you'll be needing if you hang with import guys and buy a Dodge :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GLHS837 said:
Of course I didn't clown on the Honda :) I don't pick on the weak :D

(Damnit, EKOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!! WHERE'S MY STICK POKEY SMILEY??????? It should automatically move in when I sign up for any of your forums :p )

Sorry, take no offense, I know there are fast Hondas, as there are fast examples of all cars. Just playing, and helping you gain the REALLY thick skin you'll be needing if you hang with import guys and buy a Dodge :)
yea my friends are import guys , but honestly the scene has gotten so corny to me , an this has been years in the making , but im at my breaking point , and when i cop this Rt they're gonna be the ones needin thick skin when im smokin their riced out civics like a pack of kools..lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
I actually am a fan of the new Accord... I've wanted one since I saw a black Accord 2 door with the V6 and a six speed. I stood there staring at it while waiting for my mom's CR-V to have it's 20 thousand mile check-up.

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
R/TMike said:
But please buy a Charger and boost my profit sharing check. JK. HAHA
Where do you work?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts