Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I just signed up to the forums. I have been researching the daytona's and have been browsing through this entire forum for along time. I recently found a top banana in my area and would just like to know what the concensus on the price. Is it too high. Here's a link http://www.ramseyfordofelkton.com/vehicledetailsvin.aspx?type=used&vin=2B3KA53H26H385037 . Also I have a fully optioned 2005 dodge stratus r/t with 100,088 miles , and they are only offered me $3500 after lots of bargaining. I'm very young (20 years old), and I'm really just looking for some advice. BTW I have already checked insurance rates, and they are actually better than the stratus believe it or not. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
The price is current retail max value. You can negotiate it down a bit. The Stratus isn't worth much with over 100k miles, just a pawn in the game.

If you can walk out with a $12-13k final deal, you are doing well...

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Granted it's not a Daytona, but I got my R/T 3 years ago for the same price with 20k less miles.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
So you think it's way overpriced. Do you know what would be a better price. I see people get great deals on here all the time but i never seem to be able to find any.
It's a waiting game, things come up and pass quickly, it's all about who can jump the fastest.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There were some imperfections on the car that I tried to use to negotiate down the price, but they just said they would make it 100% instead. They don't want to budge, and I know because I'm young they are going to try to get every penny. They said it's a no haggle price. Dealers must love it when a 20 year old walks in alone looking to spend 20 grand. =( .What should I do just end negotiations.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
There were some imperfections on the car that I tried to use to negotiate down the price, but they just said they would make it 100% instead. They don't want to budge, and I know because I'm young they are going to try to get every penny. They said it's a no haggle price. Dealers must love it when a 20 year old walks in alone looking to spend 20 grand. =( .What should I do just end negotiations.
Set the price you want, and when they say no... tell them you'll find one somewhere else... they should call you in a few days :p

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Take your time and be picky. You can find better deals out there, especially on Chargers.

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
Depends. How much do you want the car?

At this point they have you at $14,500 with your trade. See if they can meet you half-way and get a $13,750 price.

Not the best deal in the world but not terrible either. You just have to decide what it's worth to you. If you are financing, you have to consider the interest terms and monthly payment.

No one but you knows what you are willing to spend or what it's worth to you. But to the point, the price they are asking for the car with those miles isn't out of line with the market. Carmax has one with 15k more miles for the same price.

Everyone will tell you that you can do better, but somehow they never offer up a better deal...

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice. I already put a refundable deposit down, and after days of trying to get me a loan they are gonna be angry. But I wanted to back out, just needed some reassurance. Thanks for the quick replys, you were all so helpful.

· Registered
2,704 Posts
17k a bit much hold out untill the end of the month they will be much more flexable as the end of the month approaches. as mentioned if you can get with the car with the trade in for between 12-14 k youll be in good shape .on the plus side the engines have held up well into the 100k plus range.there are a few threads in reguards. wanna buy mine lol.

· Registered
467 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I already put a refundable deposit down, and after days of trying to get me a loan they are gonna be angry. But I wanted to back out, just needed some reassurance. Thanks for the quick replys, you were all so helpful.
Its your money, to hell with the dealer, let them be mad.

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
1,381 Posts
wanna buy mine lol.
LOL, I was going to say the same thing. I would let mine go for $14K :) Sell your car to carmax, you may get more than a trade in, then use the money towards the purchase.

· Registered
1,344 Posts
I took alot of time to find the right deal on my SRT8 earlier this year.

You are the buyer, and the one with the power. Be patient and look for what you want. If you are not comfortable with the price, walk and find a different one.

If you like the vehicle, can get a reliable history on it, and it is in good shape, then you decide the price you are willing to pay.

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
Dealer will pay you 75% of trade in value of what is listed in KBB, that is wholesale value. Start your negotiating from there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.