Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking on ebay at the new headlights posted, and i ran across headlights with CCFL HALO's... They use an H7 bulb for the low beams. look below for link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-0...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4241wt_1167

My question is: Can i use these headlight with a 30000K HID conversion Kit and get the H7 bulbs..?

if so where would i wire the HALOS to? before the balast power supply?

all you techno junkies out there help me get it right the first time.

im trying to kill little children. hehe :driving:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
i have the same housings from a diff vendor (with black backing)

the bulbs in mine were the stockers but i wired the halos in to a separate switch. I know the HID conversion kits (from like HIDgate n stuff-you can get any bulb from him) will work, which is what i plan on eventually doing but as for the H7 idk, i assume as long as it fits and wires in with no issues it's a go, especially if there's already a H7 bulb in it

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I never understood why they put those 3 leds in there. Majority of the people with them, disable those leds.
Yea, thats what I did they look hella stupid. As for wiring the halos all you do is tap them in to the parking lights and they turn with the fogs. The bulbs are H7 and you can use and HID's kit with the ballast....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not exactly sure that the CCFL HALO's would work with the HID kit? Im only getting the HID kit for theLowbeams.. i can still route these halos into the parking lights without a problem?

there wouldnt be any power issues?

which vendor sells the HALO CFFL's that uses stock bulb replacements?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been looking on ebay at the new headlights posted, and i ran across headlights with CCFL HALO's... They use an H7 bulb for the low beams. look below for link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-0...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4241wt_1167

My question is: Can i use these headlight with a 30000K HID conversion Kit and get the H7 bulbs..?

if so where would i wire the HALOS to? before the balast power supply?

all you techno junkies out there help me get it right the first time.

im trying to kill little children. hehe :driving:

i wired the halos to a switch. i have HID kits in both, headlights and fogs. i have no power issues and it works just fine. you just have to order h7 bulbs when you buy the HID kit. it takes a little bit of mod. but it looks sick as hell when ur done

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
It will work, all you have to do it tap in to the corner/parking lights and they'll work....

There are no projector kits that use the 9006 bulbs because they dont have the same fastener as the h7 which is like a metal clip....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts