Charger Forums banner

Pressure Washer

7K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  KolorOyi 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I made the switch from a Gas Powered Honda Pressure washer with 2700 PSI and 2.3 GPM which is pretty high for cleaning your car and awesome for cleaning concrete or your siding on your house.

I sold the Honda to a neighbor and got a Adam's Polishes Electric Pressure washer 2.0
I gotta tell you they did a great job. All quick connects, high quality hose and it's 40 feet which is excellent. My Honda was only 25ft and that sucked. It has super fast load up and when you use it , it turns on and when you let go of the trigger it shuts off instantly. Thats really nice and it's damn quiet.

You can buy a Electric Pressure washer from the Big Box retailers and get it for $100-$300 and get a very nice model BUT you will not get a snub nose gun, quick release hoses, 40 ft of high quality hose or the correct amount of Pressure and flow. Mine is functioning around 1200 PSI and 1.4 GPM which is awesome on all accounts.

#2 ·
I went with one of the packaged deals from Matt's Obsessed Garage...took a bit of a hit on the import fees across the border but he is more OCD than I am and it saved me the trouble of having to locate and order all those pieces that make life a lot easier when using these things.

#9 ·
I looked at his offerings and almost got one from him but after looking over the Adams 2.0 Pressure washer , I was sold and purchased it. It was on Amazon for like $51 less then retail so I jumped on it.
I purchased a Swisstrak Floor from Obsessed garage. I've been waiting for it to come in. Once it does I'll post pics of it. I'm real excited to get it.

#3 ·
How’s the hose from that pressure washer? Haven’t found a good hose that will lay flat after being stowed.

#5 ·
Not sure if you were asking me or Mantis - but fwiw, I dont use the Karcher hose that came with the package from Obsessed Garage.
He provides these blue hoses in the kit that have held up fine for me so far - I wipe them down and they clean up ok before I set them aside for winter:

#4 ·
I've got an electric Ryobi at 1,300psi I believe. Does the job fine.

Reactions: Mantis
#11 ·
I looked at a few of the Ryobi's and strongly considered one. I wanted to go electric as I'm tired of using a loud gas model. 1300 is all you need with the right tips your in good shape. I believe your unit flows at 1.2. The Adams flows just a tad more at 1.4. It's not much so it's damn close to the same.

#6 ·
I have a 4000psi 4gpm General EZ4040 44 Series Pump Honda GX 390 13HP. One of the most destructive tools you can own.
I wash the car with a Boars Hair brush on a 4 foot stick.

Tool Time Grunt

• Wow
Reactions: POWERMAN
#13 ·
I have a 4000psi 4gpm General EZ4040 44 Series Pump Honda GX 390 13HP. One of the most destructive tools you can own.
I wash the car with a Boars Hair brush on a 4 foot stick.

Tool Time Grunt

View attachment 299951

View attachment 299952

View attachment 299953

View attachment 299954
You would need to use tips that can calm that monster down. Super nice machine you got there but if you can't get the pressure down under 2000, I would keep that beast for other jobs and get an electric model to wash the car with. You don't want to blow your paint off or damage anything.

I'm still learning about the different types of flow on the tips. They can increase your water flow and decrease pressure and visa versa, I just don't know it well enough to tell you where to start or end. I'm getting my learn on that's for sure.

#7 ·
I wouldn't use 4,000 psi on a car lol. 2,000 psi and your blowing concrete apart. Impressive.

#8 ·
Copy that, I wouldn't use one on my cars period.

#14 ·

The hose wraps up so damn nice. It's top notch. Super nice and flexible.
I can't find anything about this machine I don't like. You plug it in and it start up in like 2 seconds and it's ready to go. I had to let the Honda warm up for about a minute before I could use it and it was stupid loud. An I couldn't work with it like cleaning each wheel. I had to clean all the wheels and then rinse afterwards. not this bad boy, I can clean each wheel and then rinse it off. It shuts off so damn fast. You pull the trigger it's on let go and it's off instantly, not lag no run on just off. It's so good.

#17 ·
I bought an undercarriage wand from Home Depot. Can be switch into a water broom also. It’s like $25 I believe.

#21 ·
During our drought (which places this around 2012) I purchased a CleanForce 1400 psi electric power wash at Lowes or Home Depot, and its worked just fine. The wand has plastic molded around it and the tip which is important to me. I dont want any metal on the wand or tip exposed. The tip on the 1400 is adjustable to allow a sudsy soap from the soap reservoir, or a nice spray. Its not too powerful to cut into tires or damage paint unless it is adjusted to a tight spray. And if the wand or tip touches the vehicle while cleaning out the wheel wells it wont damage the paint.

When turned on, the pump cycles up and down until the handle on the wand is depressed. The cycling is very annoying. But once the water is flowing, the pump stops cycling up and down and does a good job. Its a little bit of a pain having to plug it into an outlet and run a hose from the mixing valve in the garage to the power washer. And it has the old fashion threaded pressure hose instead of quick disconnects (yuk) but they never pop off either. After reading about this Adams 2.0 I'm hoping mine craps out soon so I can buy a new and improved pressure washer.

Mantis, thanks for posting about it.

#22 ·
Reached out to Adams and they do not sell just the hose. Da faq?!

• Wow
#25 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing the info, guys. Actually, I may be really lucky to have a friend who works at https://sparklewash.com/york/ cause he knows a lot about pressure washing. And, you know, I still wonder how he stays so patient when I go on asking him many questions about pressure washing. Cause, you know, this topic is really important for me, cause I have to wash my house and my truck from time to time. So, now I’m glad I know a lot to do it myself. But I still ask my friend to make it for me. Anyway, guys, kee- the topic updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.