Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to reset the computer when I get a new tire.

I had a nail in the tire and the guys at discount put a new one on for me.

My light continues to flash every 10-15 min or so and it bugs the hell out of me.

Discount says I need to reset the computer. Is that correct?

I got the tire on Saturday so it should of had enought time to pick up correctly.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Should have reset itself, I had (on 2 seperate days) my rear tires replaced and both sensors reset themselves, tire place said if they didnt you could take to the dealer but I thing if you pull the correct fuses you can reset it your self. Some one I'm sure will come along and give you the fuses to pull, If not I'll find them and post for you.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ohh and they reset themself within 2 minutes.....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
they are 11,14,16

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. i figured i could just do that but i didnt know if i was supposed to and if it was a sign of a problem with the actual sensors.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
thanks for the info. i figured i could just do that but i didnt know if i was supposed to and if it was a sign of a problem with the actual sensors.
You might want to check with the place that swapped out the tires for you. They may not have put the TPM (tire pressure monitor) back on the wheel, when they broke it down. Put a regular valve in the wheel instead.

Like others have stated, the TPM will reset itself in a few minutes. If you get the "bing" every 10 minutes or so, your TPM is either not in the wheel or it is on the wheel but damaged.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! i called discount tire and im going there on saturday to let them check it out.

hopefully its the one on the tire they replaced. i just got the car so its a possibility its on the other tires..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts