Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what its worth, I've been trying to figure out how to best express the differences between the Superchips and the new Diablo Predator. So here goes...

Superchips - Soft and fluffy like a towel fresh out of the dryer with too much fabric softener. Smooth and carefree like the woman dancing on the beach in a night gown after douching with "essence of roses" massengale. If I was standing in my driveway talking with friends about the SC tune, I'd probably be crushed with a big ass can of Milwaukee's Best - Men should act like men.

Diablo - Rough out of the box and a challenge to tame - Like a fresh pair of leather boots that take a real man 2 months to break in. You walk and curse and the blister are a *****, but once broke in, there ain't nobody gonna take those comfy things off of your feet. The predator is mean and unleashes what the Hemi should be from the factory. My car goes sideways under heavy throttle from a dead stop and shifts like clutch modulation isn't even part of the equation. It's fired up my lust for speed and now a set of PPP Stage II Heads, Track Warrior Cam and converter are in the plan. This beast is gonna get mean with Diablo in the wires. We're having fun now!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i like to think of the diablo as....

cocaine for my cars membrane

·
Registered
151 Posts
For what its worth, I've been trying to figure out how to best express the differences between the Superchips and the new Diablo Predator. So here goes...

Superchips - Soft and fluffy like a towel fresh out of the dryer with too much fabric softener. Smooth and carefree like the woman dancing on the beach in a night gown after douching with "essence of roses" massengale. If I was standing in my driveway talking with friends about the SC tune, I'd probably be crushed with a big ass can of Milwaukee's Best - Men should act like men.

Diablo - Rough out of the box and a challenge to tame - Like a fresh pair of leather boots that take a real man 2 months to break in. You walk and curse and the blister are a *****, but once broke in, there ain't nobody gonna take those comfy things off of your feet. The predator is mean and unleashes what the Hemi should be from the factory. My car goes sideways under heavy throttle from a dead stop and shifts like clutch modulation isn't even part of the equation. It's fired up my lust for speed and now a set of PPP Stage II Heads, Track Warrior Cam and converter are in the plan. This beast is gonna get mean with Diablo in the wires. We're having fun now!
I do not feel the same. The shifting is a joke unless you are WOT and with the ESP disabled not only does your antilock brakes not work but also your cruise control.
Randy

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
with just single push button esp disable i can shred my tires.
shifting, for me, even outside of WOT is awesome. even shifts taht arent at redline feel great and you can really feel the pull going into em, as opposed to the not so impressive previous shifts

did you get the most recent update?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not feel the same. The shifting is a joke unless you are WOT and with the ESP disabled not only does your antilock brakes not work but also your cruise control.
Randy
Mine wasn't great out of the box either - I have played around with various settings including fuel, timing, idle, etc. A key step to improve shifting for me was to reset the TCM adaptation. This will allow Hal (I think) to relearn your driving habits - my shifts under normal driving conditions improved over time and are now pretty decent. Not sure whats up with your ESP experience - I leave mine on as the car now breaks the rear tires loose wildly with just the dash ESP button pressed. My idle was too low with the canned tune - I bumped it up. It takes work to get it right, but its worth it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Atfer the trip to Radio shack for the cables and power supply(My Predator from Tybrne did not include them) Saturday I installed the latest tune(downloaded from Diablos website Friday night). It did allow me to select the added shift firmness option and I had it reset the TCM adaptation agian.After driving a couple of days hammering it as much as possible I do like how it seems to houldout shifting longer.The firmness is still not what I think it should be at light and moderate throttle, but maybe our transmissions are not physically capable of firm shifts under anything but WOT.
As for the ESP on wet roads I know that even with the dash button pushed it deadens the power after just slight wheel spin because with the Predator ESP cancel on wet roads I could spin the tires as much and as long as I kept in the throttle. With the dash button activated I have now problem getting tire spin on dry roads but I feel like it is still cutting the power back. I only had the Predator ESP disabled for one day which was mostly wet roads but I did have one chance to powerbrake on dry roads and while feathering the gas to keep it in low gear I think I could have burned the tires off the rims if I wanted to.I talked to Diablo and they said that the ESP and antilock brakes are system that you cannot fully disable one without the other.I am still waiting for an answer from them if they can allow the cruise control to operate with the ESP/ABS disabled. I can handle the ABS not working, but I must have my cruise control for my daily 40 mile 4 lane highway drive to work.
Randy

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Hey Randy, since you have an 07, have you tried the ignition key no esp disable, as opposed to the esp button?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Randy, since you have an 07, have you tried the ignition key no esp disable, as opposed to the esp button?
I have done the turn the key trick a couple of times when I first heard about it. I also heard someone on here talking about doing that stores trouble codes that might be able to be read by the dealer which might cause problems if warrany work is required. I wonder if hte Predator can clear "all" codes?
Either way I have never seen anyone post any problems using this trick, so I am going to experiment with it more.
Thanks,
Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts