Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was checking my engine when i noticed something peaking out from inside one of the holes in the hood... a mouse:eek: i tried to get a pic but was unsuccessful. i know in that new movie ratatouille he does his thang is a chef but if this mouse is a mechanic... maybe i can finally get those headers installed.:lol:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
When I was putting my chin spolier on, and I had the front end apart (kinda), I found a bird skeleton...freaked me out a little bit.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I've had a kitten get up under my hood before, and I had to used some canned fish to get it out.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Mouse/rodent/chipmunk/racoon problems with vehicles parked or stored outside are common. ESPECIALLY where the weather changes from hot to cold at wintertime, they are looking to get shelter and nest. Last spring I found about 5 pounds of sunflower seeds in the engine compartment, and under the seats INSIDE the interior, and in the trunks of BOTH my classic cars, which are covered and parked right next to the woods and the birdfeeder.

On the plus side, all the seeds let me know right where to set the traps. I now use an electronic device that draws on the DC current to make a high-pitched sound that (supposedly) runs them off. Doesn't work nearly as well as a cat.....

Tip# 1: DO NOT place bait or poison, or your car will smell AWFUL for weeks, maybe forever.....

REB

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
We had a mouse take up residense in the engine compartment of our Chaparral Sunesta. He ate through the rubber accordian fittings in the transom and made a nest under the oil pan. Caused about $ 200.00 in damage.
We are having boat wrapped this winter to try and keep out his relatives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts