Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I looked for the answers I needed and couldn't find them so I am asking here as well as posting this at Diablesport.

I know about cars, but not enough about tuners.

I am a noob when it comes to the tuner but here is what I have. 07 Charger all stock except for the Mopar CAI.

Question #1: After installing the 91 CAI tune my fans run all the time. What settings should my fan settings be? Also should I install a 180 or 190 thermostat, and then what setting should I use.

Question #2: I live in Colorado at an elevation of approximately 5280-5800 feet. We only have octane rationgs of 85, 87, and 91 due to the altitude. I have been told 91 is the same as 93 at this altitude but I would actually like some real tech advice before I blow up my car.

Question #3: Since I do live at a higher altitude are there any other settings I should adjust to help compensate for the lack of air density since I read about everyone else lighting up the tires and mine barely squeak. Although I have definitely seen great results with the Predator.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm more used to old cars, but no question the cylinder pressure at 5000+ ft asl will be tons lower then someone near sea level. I presonally wouldn't sweat running 91 on a 93 oct tune. I personally wouldn't be worried too much about it here in Calgary at 3500 ft asl either.

As far as the A/F ratio, the computer will adjust that just as it would on a hot vs. cold day. "old" school guys like me have to jet carbs to take all this into account.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mills,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it would be a problem but wanted a second opinion. As for the "old school" I hear ya. I have a 79 TA that I had to jet for this altitude., and I'm still tweaking that.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If they don't have 93 octane you can always run the 91 tune.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
First of all there is a great Q&A on the lxforums site that is answered by Mike at Diablo. Worth the read.

#1. If you have a 180 thermostat, keep the fans above 180 to 188 or so. IMHO
#2. 91 octane and 93 octane tunes aren't that far apart from what Mike has said, but you can call customer support at Diablo to double check, they have an 800 number on their website.
#3. no clue....but a CMR tuner doing a dyno tune could adjust spark, timing, knock retard and fuel Percentages specifically for your environment.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts