Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Predator today and I'm loving it. What have you guys done with yours besides the basic 91 CAI canned tune. what else have you adjusted or changed with your tuners. We reset fan speeds and now I am running nice and cool even in this 100 degree heat. what else should i play with?

·
Registered
539 Posts
increase shift firmness!! and mds off

·
Registered
856 Posts
what did you set your fan speeds at i havent touched mine and my car runs about 220-225 degrees. of course i am in Phoenix where it has been around 115 degrees for a while now. and should i mess with fan speed if i do not have a 180tstat yet.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is 101 degrees here today and my car is running at 192 degrees even in autostick mode. I set my fans to kick in high speed fans at 195 and low speed fans at 187... a/c on or off... seems to be working perfect.. I did put in a Jet T-stat (180 degree).

I still can't find the shift firmness adjustments...

·
Registered
60 Posts
With a Jet 180* T-Stat I set my High and Med speed fan to 188 and the Low speed fan to 178 across the board, including the AC settings. Remember to reset all parameters everytime you load a tune and to pull fuse 11 on 05-07's and fuse 2 on 08's.

My ECT runs at 181 with just the low speed fan running and when I dog it the high speed comes on at 188 and kicks off at 182-183.

Run the best gas you can with the appropriate tune.

·
Registered
61 Posts
increase shift firmness!! and mds off
Exactly how are you increasing shift firmness.

*Note I have the predator as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Only available on an R/T:
Performance Tune > Quick adjust > Transmission > Shift Firmness > Increased
Ok that was clear as mud...LOL! Now, do you just click on a setting that says 'increased'??...

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Ok that was clear as mud...LOL! Now, do you just click on a setting that says 'increased'??...
Pretty much yes, you click down the menu items in my last post and when you choose "Increased" it will tell you to cycle the key off/on so you do that: turn the ignition key from on to off, then back to on (don't start the engine).

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
With a Jet 180* T-Stat I set my High and Med speed fan to 188 and the Low speed fan to 178 across the board, including the AC settings. Remember to reset all parameters everytime you load a tune and to pull fuse 11 on 05-07's and fuse 2 on 08's.

My ECT runs at 181 with just the low speed fan running and when I dog it the high speed comes on at 188 and kicks off at 182-183.

Run the best gas you can with the appropriate tune.
When you said reset all parameters, do you mean load stock tune back in and start over? Also, what happens when you don't pull any fuses? I recently changed my fan speed and didn't reset or pull anything. The new adjustments seems to be working.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
There should not be any need to pull any fuses when loading/changing a tune. Loading a tune, whether it's a modification to the same tune you're running or if you're changing to a different tune, clears the PCM adaptives. When you're loading the tune, simply choose to reset the transmission adapatives, too, and everythng should be cleared.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pretty much yes, you click down the menu items in my last post and when you choose "Increased" it will tell you to cycle the key off/on so you do that: turn the ignition key from on to off, then back to on (don't start the engine).
Ok, that clears it up. Now, besides the obvious, exactly what does increasing the firmness of the shift do? Is it hard on the transmission?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Normally the transmission will slip a bit to make the shift softer. This setting reduces the amount of slip to make the shift have a bit more kick to it - some people chirp in the 1st>2nd gear shift. :)

Is it harder on the tranny? Yes and no. Less slipping means less wear on the clutch hardware. Firmer shifts mean more stress on the rest of the drivetrain. I don't think anyone has reported any transmission problems as a result of increasing shift firmness. It's not an option on the SRTs because their tranny is already programmed to shift this way - and it's the same transmission.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts