Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am reading all the Predator posts correctly, if I have an aftermarket CAI then I can choose either the 91 Octane (w/CAI) or 93 Octane (w/CAI) "canned" tunes from the Predator program.

If I install a 180 t-stat, then I will not have to make any changes to the "canned" tune for the fans because the Predator already assumes you have a 180 t-stat installed.

Lets say, after installing the 93 Octane/with CAI canned tune, I want the maximum in shifting firmness and raised shift points, I'll have to use the Predator a second time to do those things using the "quick tune" option.

I will have to turn off EGR and MDS for my car to run smoothly after installing any Predator tune. Is this an option during the initial load or do I have to use the Predator again to change those parameters?

Have I missed anything?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
If I am reading all the Predator posts correctly, if I have an aftermarket CAI then I can choose either the 91 Octane (w/CAI) or 93 Octane (w/CAI) "canned" tunes from the Predator program.

If I install a 180 t-stat, then I will not have to make any changes to the "canned" tune for the fans because the Predator already assumes you have a 180 t-stat installed.

Lets say, after installing the 93 Octane/with CAI canned tune, I want the maximum in shifting firmness and raised shift points, I'll have to use the Predator a second time to do those things using the "quick tune" option.

I will have to turn off EGR and MDS for my car to run smoothly after installing any Predator tune. Is this an option during the initial load or do I have to use the Predator again to change those parameters?

Have I missed anything?

Thanks
Whichever tune you're doing, just go into the menu to modify the tune before installing the canned tune and you can set all of those parameters and then install the tune instead of doing it in two steps. Either way is pretty easy. I've done both.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to answer Mecha, apparently, if you leave MDS and EGR on, the car will "hiccup" quite a bit (at least that is what has been posted to me and elsewhere on the forum)...

I can't wait to install but have to hold off until after Dec 25th...

patience, must have patience

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
to answer Mecha, apparently, if you leave MDS and EGR on, the car will "hiccup" quite a bit (at least that is what has been posted to me and elsewhere on the forum)...

I can't wait to install but have to hold off until after Dec 25th...

patience, must have patience

hmm have had my Diablo in the car about a month and never experienced that.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
For the MDS part: When MDS is enabled, and you are in MDS mode, when you goose the engine a hair, the engine "jumps" is the best way I can describe it. Leaving MDS is not as seamless as it used to be, but it is no kick in the butt.
The EGR Part: Disabling EGR makes the engine idle smoother than it was before predator.
Neither are necessary. I disabled EGR for smoother idling, and kept MDS for fuel milage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just installed an aFe Stage II, a 180 thermostat and the 91 CAI tune. The only Quick Adjust I did was to increase the shift firmness. The car is definitely more resposive and yes coming out is MDS is by no means seamless anymore. I think I will disable MDS the next time I plug the Predator in.

I did the mods at a friends house and got a speeding ticket on the way home. The thing that sucks is that I wasn't even playing, just "Going with the flow."

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Shift firmness, shift points, EGR and MDS are all quick adjust features that can be changed with out having to re-load the tune every time you want to change one of them. But when you go to load a canned tune, you will have the option of modifying the tune with those quick adjust features. Diablo did this to make it easy on you because most people who run the canned tunes will make other adjustments.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I did the canned tune and have the MDS bump. I never knew it went in and out of MDS so much. I drive 80 miles a day round trip for work so it is really noticed now. I haven`t had a rough idle, yet. I did with the Superchips. I didn`t raise shiftpoints or RPM but did the tranny firmness, that really made a difference.So far I ike it!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*eyes the box the Predator came in* grrr...patience, must, have, patience...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts