Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the diablo predator yesterday. i ripped open the package got the progammer into my hands and headed out to the car. plugged it in and had it say an update was needed. so i ran inside got online and wham took about 5 mins to find, download, and install the update. ran back out and hooked it up. after about 5 minutes to make a backup, and do the first time load i was ready to go. i picked the performance 91oct CAI tune and hit install. the install took about 2 minutes tops and i was ready to roll. i have to say the menus on this thing are easy to navigate and the controls are nice. went for a drive and i noticed right off the bat the throttle is very touchy and i like that alot. pulled out and went for a drive. pulling for a side road to the main i hit it hard and she broked um loose WOW!!!! power and it shifts soo smooth- no more jerky shifts for me. i did notice that since i have the stock thermostat my fans were running on high once the car was warmed up. this is due to the predator tunes being set for a 180* thermostat. this is an easy fix. went home parked and got a peice of paper and a pen. on the predatori went to the stock tune then clicked modify. went to the fan settings and wrote them down then went to the 91 oct tune i was using and changed the fan settings to what i wrote down. now my fans run as stock and this tune is awsome. PREDATOR = #1 BUY IT NOW

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Glad your enjoying the predator :D.. cant wait to get mine to work...

btw you wouldnt happen to still have the stock settings would you? (if you do could you please post them?)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are the fan temps from my stock tune on my car

Fans off

High MPH HS ON - 226.39
High MPH LS ON - 217.39
High MPH MS ON - 226.39

Low MPH HS ON - 226.39
Low MPH LS ON - 217.39
Low MPH MS ON - 226.39

ON

HS - 226.39
LS - 217.39
MS - 226.39

·
Registered
453 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I tuned mine. I can easily burn rubber now just by simply giving her juice, no need to turn off ESP or any of that business.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love this programmer and i havent even gone too indepth into it

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one thing in noticed looking at the stock tune on the predator that the top speed limit was 125 on my car before i did the 91 tune now its at 155 which is what the tune put it to

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well, mine isn't working yet, but I was told by diablo that I "should" get a fix today... I really cant wait!!!

One thing for sure, Hats of to the staff at Diablo... they do a good job at trying to clear our issues...

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i havent had any issues with the programmer yet that required any tech help but i have heard only good. hope they get you that fix soon cause this is fun

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey what are the negative effects to changing your fan settings vs. just putting in a 180 t-stat? Anyone care to chime in on this? I was just gonna put a new t-stat in, but if all I have to do is change the fan settings, that seems way to easy, right? Hahaha, but yes, I have had the same exact experience with mine, very pleased all around.

-Pat

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only issue i can think of is you dont get all the affect of the program and thermostat. putting your fans to stock they run the same as if your car was stock. the 180 is a better temp for the motor so all you have is to gain from puttin it in

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i noticed a power gain just changing the fan to the stock settings so you can put them to stock and if you later decided the 180* is for you you can reset those settings to what they have for a 180*

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey what are the negative effects to changing your fan settings vs. just putting in a 180 t-stat? Anyone care to chime in on this? I was just gonna put a new t-stat in, but if all I have to do is change the fan settings, that seems way to easy, right? Hahaha, but yes, I have had the same exact experience with mine, very pleased all around.

-Pat
X2?????

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
please note that there is a predator update that was released today! Datalog any1?

·
Registered
928 Posts
the fans are only doing half the work, if your thermostat isnt open and flowing coolant then the fans are just blowing air into your engine compartment. Once the coolant starts flowing then the fans will actually be cooling your car off.

think of it like running on a treadmill. you wont get anywhere.

all your gonna do is wear out your fans asking them to do something they cant.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well.... Mine is working now and all I can say is "HOLY SMOKE" (and that's from the burning rubber!!!)

WOOOOOOOOOOOW:lol:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Perhaps tomorrow I should go do the newest updates and try some datalogging. Never done it before.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
did some data logging last night to see what its about. my advice is to go the the predator knowledge base X E Ryder made and near the bottom (under #6) of the first post is a link to a menu map. print that so if you are looking for a certian parameter you can find it cause there is alot you can watch. if you have questoins let me know

if you download that excel file you will see the main menus and its submenu map. down at the bottom there is a tab that is labeled "live data map menu" click on that for the map of the logging parameters

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I donwloaded the excel spread sheet but could not open it. Must be because I have vista Windows Excel. It told me to open it in the original program used since it was password protected?

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TBY you have a email address ill send you one that i opened and saved in office 2000

1 - 20 of 26 Posts