Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Doing some research on the Diablo, and I noticed numerous posts on fan control. Some have them going on all the time.

I am a simple guy, and don't require 'tweaking' options on programmers, and just use preloaded tunes.

So, If I load the 93 CAI tune, and I have a stock thermo, do I have to do anything to the fan control? Is there an issue with the fans constantly on?

Thanks,
- Mark

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
no issue.......

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue at all, unless you don't like the sound of the fans running all of the time. I did update my fan settings because I didn't like the sound of the fan constantly running while at a stop light or in traffic. :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I did update my fan settings because I didn't like the sound of the fan constantly running while at a stop light or in traffic. :)
Comfort aside, running the fans all the time (once the car is heated with 205 thermostat) would wear them out faster.
I'm not sure of the "life cycle" of these fan motors, but why run them if there is no fluid circulation in the radiator (themo. closed until 205)

·
Registered
122 Posts
You'll need to get a 180 degree t-stat. After that, set your low fans to 183 degrees, your medium fans to 185 and your high fans to about 186 with the Predator. Thats with AC off. AC on setting should be 183 for the lows and set the highs to 186. That'll fix it for you. It'll keep the car running between 179 and 183 at all times.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also, the fans will only run when they need to and they won't be on all the time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After you get the diablo, go into your "stock" tune. That is the one saved from your car and "modify" it. What you really want to do is go into the fan settings and write down where your fans are set at for stock. Then you can go into the performance tune (whichever one you want to run) and put your fans back to the stock settings. That will make them go back to running like they do now. There is a thread on the diablosport forums about it. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3697

·
Registered
831 Posts
How easy is it to install a thermostat?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Fairly easy there are a few write ups and videos on it. Took me about 30 min, just make sure the car is cooled down that helps alot.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
yeah i was on the lx forums and was told about the video since im gonna do the thermostat on my charger this weekend

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for sharing, will be doing tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts