Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a gomango daytona i had the 91cai tune with raised shift firmness and raised shift point to 6k the car pulled hard and chirped into second and continued to pull strong. now someone told me that the with the raised shift points i was actually losing power and would be slower than stock shift points due to the power band, i switched to stock shift points and it doesnt seem as quick and it doesnt chip into second and give that push going into second. So who can tell me which is better for my car to make it quicker. also i am now running 93cai with 89 octane and ACES IV. all input would help thank you.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Beyond about 5500 rpm's, the stock 5.7L engine hp goes down so keeping the tranny in a given gear to 6000 rpm's sounds good but may not help during a race. Regarding the 2nd gear chirp when shifting from 1st - Holding the shift to 6K in 1st causes the low end of 2nd gear to be closer to the max hp range and will therefore have a stronger shift. I was at the drag strip a few months back and tried several different shift points. I tried 5500, 5700, and 6000. I got the 5700 by setting the shift point to 6000 and manually shifting at 5700. I ran consistent times regardless of the shift points (within 0.1 sec). I think the 6K setting is better for doing burnouts so the rev's can get higher without the tranny upshifting before you want it to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts