Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
yep, the v16a firmware update gives us that option.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
okay heres the question why are you guys shutting off mds? havent really got an answer about that

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
ahhh good call. to get rid of the drone with aftermarket exhaust you can also just put it in 5th and it goes away

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The problem is that you can get MDS drone in any gear. In fact, it seems that MDS kicks in sooner and more frequently with the predator tunes (possibly because the engine is naturally making more power and can more easily switch to 4 cylinders). So now you get more MDS noise unless you disable it altogether.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
ahhh good call. to get rid of the drone with aftermarket exhaust you can also just put it in 5th and it goes away
Who the heck want to drive in autostick all day?....not me. MDS disable is a homerun, because 95% of my driving is city. To home, work, shopping...it's all local roads. MDS kicks in to much for city driving, and you really do not benifit that much from the MDS in city driving. I would rather disable it, then just enabled it when I do my monthly travel to Long Island (round trip 300mi) when it's needed.

The Zoomers are great, but when MDS kicks in, it can be a bit annoying....and I believe my Superchips has the MDS kick in a little to much......

I love my Superchips, but really thinking on going to the Diablo, just for this reason alone.

- Mark

·
Registered
868 Posts
okay heres the question why are you guys shutting off mds? havent really got an answer about that
Is this tune available yet? Did not see it on Diablo web site.

·
Registered
507 Posts
they should have an option where mds will only kick in when you traveling over 60 mph. aka highway or freeway cruising speed. imo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts