Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Pred last nite on my Sublime. It is awesome. I even did some custom tuning by richning up the fuel mix at all rpm levels by 1 click, advanced the timing at all levels by one degree and firmed the shifts. I know some are scared to custom tune w/out a dyno, but I just added a bit more fuel to compensate the timing change, which is better than being lean. Aftermarket intakes tend to cause the engine to run a tad bit leaner, I would think that adding a tad more fuel wouldn't hurt. Better than fried rings or pistons from over lean conditions.

Also, I have an oil change scheduled for Saturday morning. Should I revert back to stock just for this? Or should I just keep an eye on them and tell them to only change the oil?

Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If dealer, then return to to stock just to be safe.

If not dealer, then don't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
You won't do much just adding +1 to each RPM range, that wouldn't even be noticeable on a dyno.

Your best bet would be to return the car to stock before taking it to the dealer, you probably don't need to if they aren't hooking your car up to a computer. If you don't return it to stock it is probably best to let them know you have the tune on there, because they might see that there is settings that are changed and think it is a problem.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yea with my dealership they have lifetime oil changes and stuff like that so I would be going there for that kinda stuff. You know how dealers go, I would just return it to stock because the last thing you need is a reason for them to void any type of warranty.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
funny how my dealership has "superchips" decals in the parts dept. they also have a bunch of cai's they sell. :silenced:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I notified my dealers (2) that I have a Superchips, and they're cool about it... so I don't have to revert back to stock settings when I go in. I was told by the Service guys that they don't hook up to computer unless you tell them that you're having driveability issues. They told me not to worry about them resetting my computer. Yes, my Superchips tune still works...

Anyhoo, they do oil changes as fast as they can...to get as many done in a day as they can...I'd be more worried about job quality than resetting the computer. Do you really think that they have the time to waste on pluggin into computer when a car is in for an oil change only? Their time is money, bud!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notified my dealers (2) that I have a Superchips, and they're cool about it... so I don't have to revert back to stock settings when I go in. I was told by the Service guys that they don't hook up to computer unless you tell them that you're having driveability issues. They told me not to worry about them resetting my computer. Yes, my Superchips tune still works...

Anyhoo, they do oil changes as fast as they can...to get as many done in a day as they can...I'd be more worried about job quality than resetting the computer. Do you really think that they have the time to waste on pluggin into computer when a car is in for an oil change only? Their time is money, bud!
Yeah, you are right. At the dealership I go to here in Cali, they roll through them as quick as possible, especially when they are free. Last time, they even forgot to wash the car and I had to scold someone for not even noticing. I usually stand right outside the stall and watch them like a hawk. They don't like it, but I don't care, it's my investment, not theirs. I don't mean to be a ****y young gun, but I honestly think I have substantially more time and experience behind wrenching mopars, let alone cars altogether. I have financed four cars there over five years between myself, dad, and my girlfriend. I am going to leave the diablo programming on and if they give me any sh*t, they will get a nice lecture. Mods can't void your warranty according to SEMA unless damage is done by the mod. If they claim damage from the mod, I want to see it. With the knowledge I have, if I disagree, I won't back down from their parade of b.s flags.

At 3,000 mi, my right front brakes are squeeling more than I like. Isn't there a tsb out for the pads and rotors on 07's? Also, how about the coolant? Mine and a redish brown appearance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You won't do much just adding +1 to each RPM range, that wouldn't even be noticeable on a dyno.

Your best bet would be to return the car to stock before taking it to the dealer, you probably don't need to if they aren't hooking your car up to a computer. If you don't return it to stock it is probably best to let them know you have the tune on there, because they might see that there is settings that are changed and think it is a problem.
You are right, but I guess I am being conservative. I may add a little more to experiment, as it can't really hurt anything. It is better than running lean or leaner and burning the pistons and valves. I won't richen up past 4 clicks though, as I don't want to compromise fuel economy and excessive fuel and actually lessen the life of the oil and eventually wash the rings out, as the wick of oil on the cyulinder walls is washed away. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Highly doubt that the dealer would use a starscan for an oil change. I wouldn't worry about it.

Now if you are having some warranty work done, go back to stock setting.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Why not just change the oil yourself and be done with it? It sounds like you are mechanically experienced and by doing it yourself, then you have no wirres about what they are doing to your investment. This is the outlook I take towards my car. If I cant do it myself, then and only then do I take it into the dealer. However, if you have that lifetime free oil changes business then I guess you're all right

I would take the tune off though if it honestly doesnt take that long to do. Dont give the dealer and reason to make you pay for ANYTHING in the future.

As for your brakes, Ive had the same problem as you and it started as early as your's did as well. Only mine is coming from the back. But my front rotors look ridiculously warped as well. There have been countless threads and posts in the Problems/Assistance section of this website about the brakes on our cars..... General consensus? Chrysler wont do nothin about it!

-Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts