Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already tried to register at Diablo forum for help but for some reason it wont email me a password back.
I have stock thermostat and just loaded PerfCAI tune(I also have current 8t16a revision) and as soon as the temp reaches 200deg fan kicks on and stays on Im not sure if i can make an adjustment in modify tune before or after the PerfCai tune is installed because either way it doesnt seem to work???:cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have already tried to register at Diablo forum for help but for some reason it wont email me a password back.
I have stock thermostat and just loaded PerfCAI tune(I also have current 8t16a revision) and as soon as the temp reaches 200deg fan kicks on and stays on Im not sure if i can make an adjustment in modify tune before or after the PerfCai tune is installed because either way it doesnt seem to work???:cry:
Highly recommend you get the motorad 4128 180 degree thermostat to make your car even better. It will solve your fan issue as well. If not,go and re-load the tune again and select modify tune/parameters before you load it. Raise your low speed fan setting to 205, medium speed to 210 and high speed to 215. that should work with your stock thermo. See the below link to get completely educated on all the latest on the predator. Enjoy.

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=82250

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I was just hoping to get the stock therm to work 1st correctly before spending any more money and time..:grin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anytime. Make note that changing the thermostat will be one of the cheapest and easiest mods you will ever do. I am sure there are plenty of forum members who live on Strong Island that can even lend you a hand if needed. LX forums have a couple threads that walk you through what is needed. One even has a video of step by step.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to both of you!
I will do that now is there anything I should ask for besides a 180 stat for 6.1
engine at auto store.Any special brand????

·
Registered
628 Posts
thanks to both of you!
I will do that now is there anything I should ask for besides a 180 stat for 6.1
engine at auto store.Any special brand????
Don't ask for it based on your car...Just go into an AutoZone and ask for the Duralast 4128

1 - 7 of 7 Posts