Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK there was a thread about dyno results on an RT which showed no increase yet noone seems concerned. I still hear predator this predator that, does anyone have real #'s for RT?

·
Registered
851 Posts
OK there was a thread about dyno results on an RT which showed no increase yet noone seems concerned. I still hear predator this predator that, does anyone have real #'s for RT?
I could be wrong...and will be corrected if I am :lol: ..... but I don't think the Predator is going to give a major boost in HP. My understanding is that it allows the power we already have to be used to it's fullest. Dodge really put a lot of nanny's in these cars. Big difference from the 60's cars I've owned.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I gained nearly 30 hp with my diablo, and .4 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Those numbers speak for them selves.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I gained nearly 30 hp with my diablo, and .4 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Those numbers speak for them selves.
30 rwhp that is! Saw your other post with the dyno print out :knockout: that is awesome....

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
bingo, I say that it does allow for the fans to run, upload custom tunes and adjust the fuel map. Outside of that, the tunes it comes with probably will give you exactly the same results as the SuperChips.

(runs for cover and waits for proof that predator is actually better).

Metgo, when you say that you "I gained nearly 30 hp with my diablo, and .4 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Those numbers speak for them selves. " Did you ever run another tuner or just straight to the predator?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would love to see the dyno on an SRT8 with zero mods to see the before and after difference. If I get the Predator I will not be able to do any other mods for a looong time, so I really would like to see a base gain.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep

I would love to see the dyno on an SRT8 with zero mods to see the before and after difference. If I get the Predator I will not be able to do any other mods for a looong time, so I really would like to see a base gain.
Do a Search with those terms - there is a guy here who has done exactly that, and showed a significant increase as I recall - 396 hp At the Wheels!

The Predator was noticeably faster to me than the JET chip I had on, and now that I have data logged and custom tuned, it Really pulls hard. My dyno runs coming soon.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have looked at alot of the dyno's being posted with predator, and with just the stock canned tunes, the MAX h.p. and tq ratings are not significantly improved. What IS significantly improved is the power curve throughout the range. I have not dyno'd either way, but what I can say without a doubt on mine is that, before Diablo, I could NOT smoke the tires without brake standing. Now they smoke on dry pavement from a stop. The back end gets loose, and I mean VERY loose even in the 1-2 shift. The idle is improved. My daily driving milage is better, and I romp it like crazy. The lightest touch of throttle and the car JUMPS. My car WANTS to be driven hard now. Its like a blonde with a tramp stamp beggin to be taken, and I oblige.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have looked at alot of the dyno's being posted with predator, and with just the stock canned tunes, the MAX h.p. and tq ratings are not significantly improved. What IS significantly improved is the power curve throughout the range. I have not dyno'd either way, but what I can say without a doubt on mine is that, before Diablo, I could NOT smoke the tires without brake standing. Now they smoke on dry pavement from a stop. The back end gets loose, and I mean VERY loose even in the 1-2 shift. The idle is improved. My daily driving milage is better, and I romp it like crazy. The lightest touch of throttle and the car JUMPS. My car WANTS to be driven hard now. Its like a blonde with a tramp stamp beggin to be taken, and I oblige.
I ran mine today at the LoneStar track, 93CAI tune with JBA Headers and High flow's with some minor adjust in trans ran 14.06 @ 100.33mph is this the most I can expect?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have no idea how you prepped the car, or the track conditions, or how you ran without the pred installed. Also, you didnt show your 60 times, rt, and a few other things that would help to determine how well the car did. Did you try another run without it installed? That would really help you to see how much affect you got from diablo.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
I ran mine today at the LoneStar track, 93CAI tune with JBA Headers and High flow's with some minor adjust in trans ran 14.06 @ 100.33mph is this the most I can expect?
i consistently run 14.1 with just the cai. I havent run with diablo yet but its obviously gonna be a little faster. Mayber there is a altitude diff between us but with 91 oct and cai i run 14.1's. Just for reference.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
On my post of my dyno runs, it didn't change that much, but I found out that HAL kicked my but on it. I hadn't tuned it right. I spoke with PRO MOTION IN FRED. VA AND THEY ARE GOING TO DO A CUSTOM TUNE ON MINE. I have to drive over 200ms to get to the nearest cert. dyno, so I'm heading to Pro motion asap. Also with the 93 tune, It was like TBY said, I can smoke the tires anytime I want, My highway milage increased to almost 29mpg,(28.5) The power curve is very different for the better. My fault I screwed up the tune.

·
Registered
416 Posts
This past Friday night at Englishtown NJ with similar mods as yours (listed below ) I ran 13.366.

Not sure about corrections like altitude and such.......

With Superchips I was .2 slower.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
This past Friday night at Englishtown NJ with similar mods as yours (listed below ) I ran 13.366.

13.366 on 22's! Dont forget about that.

·
Registered
416 Posts
No.
No 22's.
I put the stock ones on when I'm going to the track.22's add little over 60LB.

I even took out the spare....

·
Registered
416 Posts

Exactly what I wanted to see, superchips vs predator.

For the .2 improvement, was the predator the ONLY change? Also what was the temperature difference between the 13.5 with the superchips and the 13.3 with the predator? Any other factors? eg. tire size, location (altitude)?

Found this in another thread:

July 13th 2007 .One year after purchase.

Temp. 81.

60' 2.037
1/4 13.796
MPH 100.36

My personal best.
Every run was better than the previous.
I did not want to leave the track that night.:grin:

Did a Dyno about a month before that.
Got 308 HP and 347 Torque.
How much better can I run. Any ideas?
The temp could account for an ET difference.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts