1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
That's an interesting post. Myself and others in the company have talked to the people at DiabloSport a few times this week. Haven't heard of any delays yet. We should have a good idea on the release Monday or Tuesday.

Tom

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

·
Vendor
771 Posts
We haven't been told anything otherwise, too, regarding the LX's. Last word we received this week was that the end of the month looked extremely hopeful for the Predator's release.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yea but would you rather get a crap product or one that they are sure has all the bugs out of it?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
How did I know this was gonna happen? This is the same crap diablo had when they brought it out for the 03 mustang and it still doesn't do what they said it would.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
We haven't been told anything otherwise, too, regarding the LX's. Last word we received this week was that the end of the month looked extremely hopeful for the Predator's release.

Joshua, HHP
Hopeful?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Yes, Erik. lol Hopeful, is the best way to say it without giving us their word just incase something else unexpected pops up.

What was the deal with the '03 Mustangs? I have DiabloSport programming on a (approx.) 500 rwhp '03 Cobra running 15lbs of boost and I've never had any problems.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
This is Superchips update for 07 RT's DeJaVu..........the longer they wait, and push the date further...only makes you think they have 'issues':knockout: with the thing.............but then again, it's best to work out the kinks now I suppose....but they need to stop giving dates. Just state "Fall 2007" at this point.

I hope I am wrong for those waiting for it.....

- Mark

·
Registered
331 Posts
If it is delayed again I will be cancelling my order & will wait for the SCT Tuner to come out and probably order that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it is delayed again I will be cancelling my order & will wait for the SCT Tuner to come out and probably order that.
I will be doing the same, after they missed their first deadline I was pi$$ed and figured to give them another week or so to get it out. They delayed it for another month so I said heck why not, I'll just wait instead of going through the hassle of canceling and ordering a new programmer.

But after trusting them for a month to have it out and still has not, I am not too happy with that. Even when it comes out it will not be a perfect tuner, so there still is going to be some issues I am assuming.If they don't meet their second deadline, I'll just get another tuner and let then see how long it actually takes for it to come out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah I'm very pissed off myself @ HHP for charging us! Other vendors aren't charging your Credit Card until they have the Tuner in-stock and they are selling the tuner for less than HHP's freakin Group buy discount too.

If its not ready by Sept 1st my order will be cancelled, don't care if it ships on the 2nd. My money has sat long enough in someone else's bank account and I have nothing to show for it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Wow this thread started off of that guys post. That guy has been pissed off for a while over there at Diablosports forums. Does anyone consider their source before worrying?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Yeah I'm very pissed off myself @ HHP for charging us! Other vendors aren't charging your Credit Card until they have the Tuner in-stock and they are selling the tuner for less than HHP's freakin Group buy discount too.

If its not ready by Sept 1st my order will be cancelled, don't care if it ships on the 2nd. My money has sat long enough in someone else's bank account and I have nothing to show for it.
btw here's a post Josh from HHP has posted.

DiabloSport's almost ready to release the Predator for shipping.
No, that's not a joke. Seriously now. The plan is to have the Predator's out the door by the end of this month which is only a week away. We should have them in between the 31st and the 4th/5th (due to the holiday weekend). I'm told that the SRT-8 LX tuning has been completed and that they're finishing up the 5.7L tuning right now so it will be ready for the release. The transmission upgrades should be completed in time for the release too. The first batch out of production is coming to HHP for the group buy members so we're expecting to have these tuners before anyone else.
There has been a lot of misinformation posted over the past few weeks and to clear up any confusion with the group buy and stop the need for blood letting by a few of you, here's where things stand with the whole group buy.
(1) Our price was set to be the lowest for this group buy. Anyway you look at it, you received an awesome deal. DiabloSport took care of all of the low-bidders who unexpectedly created a huge mess when they came in selling lower than our group buy price on the Predator package. If our price wasn't so low, theirs would never have been as low, practically at-cost, for their group buys. We've held off posting anything up here until the situation was dealt with because it took some time to get things straightened out between DiabloSport and the other venders. We were told not to price match and to pretty much just 'stand by' until the situation was dealt with. It has been and DiabloSport has told us that there is no prices to match anymore. No customer should have been put in a position where they feel that they didn't get an awesome deal from HHP on this group buy. You guys received an awesome price on the Predator package that will not be offered ever again and there's no reason to be any less excited about the Predator's release or your decision to participate in this group buy.
(2) I don't know where it came from but some of you guys are making a stink over the funds paid in on this group buy. Participants were charged up front, as we told you you would be in the Group Buy notification. We also said that "non-warranted" cancellations would be subject to a small cancellation fee due to the non-refundable processing fees we are charged. Every large group buy we've ever done, and we've done a whole lot of these, runs in this format. Unlike our competitors who only have 20 or 30 sold, we have over 250 sold. The only way we can run these group buys is to do them in this format and we notified everyone of this in the group buy emails and pm's. Other venders like to push the "we don't charge you until it ships" angle because they think it makes them look better but that's easy to do when you've only sold 5, 10 or 20 units.
(3) And lastly, for those of you who are raising a stink because the Mike's from DiabloSport have posted that they haven't charged or been paid for any tuners (which is not the full story), I want to clear up some things. Some of you guys have voiced in the forums your speculations rather than simply ask. HHP paid up front for our Group Buy Predators... but wait for the 'but'. We next day'd down a certified bank check on July 26th to PK, who is the Sales Manager. On the 8th, Kem Smith in DiabloSport's accounting dept. sent the check back to us, undeposited, due to the delay in the release. They didn't want to deposit the check or even sit on the check due to the delay. To say that they have not received payments, well, depends on how you interpret it. Currently, I am holding the certified check, waiting for word to next day it back down to them. The funds are being held by our bank and though it really shouldn't be of any concern, it is out of our accounts since this is a certified check. DiabloSport's posting that they received no payments nor charged anyone isn't the full truth.
Please don't continue to kill the messenger, Random Access, who has worked harder than anyone else outside of DiabloSport to bring you all of the information, communication and this record breaking group buy (our last major group buy was 220 units of another HEMI tuner). Michael has done an awesome job, given you 100% truthful information, gotten more involvement from DiabloSport's "guys in the know" than we would have had had it not been for his constant pushing for more info. From Michael and HHP you guys have received nothing but the best. From DiabloSport, you guys will be getting nothing but the best. It's almost here, lets all get back to square one and get ready for the highly anticipated Predator's release.
Thanks!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
554 Posts
Update

Posted at LXForums:

Diablo Predator Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with Dan at Diablo to check status for our customers and thought I would share with everyone.

The release date has been pushed back for about two weeks give or take.

This is not a bad thing, Diablo is making the final changes and additions for the release version and making sure they deliver.

I have nothing but praise for Diablo, Dan, Mike and PK, the folks I have been in contact with have been nothing but open, honest, and thorough.

So, keep your shirts on, sit back, and soon you will have that wonderful blue box with buttons in your hands.

Electrofied.

**End Quote**

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
a vendor that sells them is saying end of next week too, maybe tue cause of holiday. Lets just sit back and see what happens of this release date and then we can get our panties in a bunch.
Some people are claiming 20 hp some 30 hp to answer the question above. I don t know of any factual data to support either yet

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
So "some guy" "heard it's been delayed again" . . . blah blah.

And, another tuner did this, or a previous model did or didn't do that . . .

There's no point in starting yet ANOTHER thread with the same 'ole drivel. Of course, everyone's completely entitled to their opinions and feelings about this issue - and it's all been covered in the other numerous threads about it.

But at least let's try and base things on facts, and information right from the sources. Maybe they're feeding us a line, maybe not - that's for each person to decide.

I'm right there with you - I'm in the GB, and have pre-paid also. I REALLY hope Diablo releases the product "on time" this time around, and even more, I hope it works as advertised (and the many hints that it will be more than expected). Even more, I hope it doesn't junk anyone's PCM, although we have no suggestion that the Predator is going to do that.

So far. Diablo is sticking to the Aug 31st or close to it release date. They already must know that a late delivery at this point would have an unwelcomed reception, especially since it would be announced just before or around the time the product is supposed to ship.

. . . Trying to stay positive ;)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts