Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody Firemedic23 here with another thread but not as extravagant as my other posts.

Ok my buddy Carlos(Brute SRT) and i began our quest to program his Predator yesterday.

WE HAD PROBLEMS

My super laptop would not i repeat NOT show the callibration button on the Predator downloader. We had the computer on wireless internet IN the car hooked up and downloading everything cuz i thought it would be convenient. After a couple hours and calls to Diablo there was no luck........Finally Mike at Diablo said we had one guy who just couldn't get it to work on his computer yet it worked FINE on every other computer.

Sure enough i went to my parents house and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately Carlos had to leave to get some rest before work so i had the predator for the rest of the day.

He said i could program my car and let him know how it goes as we were both wasted from all of the hassle.............not Diablo's fault tho.
So to the Predator...............WoW

I changed a couple parameters in the CAI performance 91 tune.....tire size to my 24's, raised shift points, shift at 6600rpm, disable auto shift, top speed to 190(who knows why?), and that was it!

The MOST impressive feeling i got from the predator was the shift! I mean it kicks ur F-in A$$ into the seat at WOT. There is so much distance and speed gained in the shift alone it's amazing and what our cars should have come fromt he FACTORY with. You can even miss the shift and bounce off the limiter and MAKE IT UP with the shift!

One thing i HATED with my car was the shifting was sloppy and not as responsive as my Dad's later build 06 and the 07's. After the predator i could tap that autostick back and forth FAST and it would stay with me....AWESOME

The POWER is DEFINITELY there! I can't say how much HP difference it feels like as i've never put on a mod with 20+ HP so i don't know how it feels. I WOULD be able to spin the tires from 1st-2nd but i have 24's....BUT they really wanna break loose!

I did a standing burnout on my 24's and shifted into 2ND gear like it was NOTHING.......holy $hit! So sorry guys i forgot to get a video but i have pics of the lines and i'm too scared to lose another 30% of my tread

Shifting at 6600 is PERFECT and feels soo much better. You can damn near get 60mph in first gear on autostick. In drive it shifted at about 6200rpm hence why i don't think my videos do any justice even though they are fast i couldn't record and shift at the same time and Sorry no seatlbelt guys i was too cramped holding the camera and must have missed the seatbelt step....oops this time..

All in all i will be ordering my own Predator very soon but i'm in no hurry cuz i went through a 1/4 tank of gas in 30 mins of city floorin it!

I'm more excited about puttin it on Carlos' car since he has stock rims and tires. THAT WILL BE INSANE!!!

Well everybody enjoy the pics/videos. Compare to my other 24" 0-60 vids and keep in mind THESE(most recent) are 2500ft elevation even though my engine was pretty cold too. I'm THINKING about doing one more 1-2nd gear burnout ON VIDEO but on slick cement........maybe if u ask nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obtvGaOkbY0

·
Registered
467 Posts
nice lines. still waiting for my predator to arrive.
i may be wrong, but you should return to stock setting before letting Carlos program his charger, because once he backs up his factory tune, yours would be lost and s.o.l? but you probably already know/done that.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Hey everybody Firemedic23 here with another thread but not as extravagant as my other posts.

Ok my buddy Carlos(Brute SRT) and i began our quest to program his Predator yesterday.

WE HAD PROBLEMS

My super laptop would not i repeat NOT show the callibration button on the Predator downloader. We had the computer on wireless internet IN the car hooked up and downloading everything cuz i thought it would be convenient. After a couple hours and calls to Diablo there was no luck........Finally Mike at Diablo said we had one guy who just couldn't get it to work on his computer yet it worked FINE on every other computer.

Sure enough i went to my parents house and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately Carlos had to leave to get some rest before work so i had the predator for the rest of the day.

He said i could program my car and let him know how it goes as we were both wasted from all of the hassle.............not Diablo's fault tho.
So to the Predator...............WoW

I changed a couple parameters in the CAI performance 91 tune.....tire size to my 24's, raised shift points, shift at 6600rpm, disable auto shift, top speed to 190(who knows why?), and that was it!

The MOST impressive feeling i got from the predator was the shift! I mean it kicks ur F-in A$$ into the seat at WOT. There is so much distance and speed gained in the shift alone it's amazing and what our cars should have come fromt he FACTORY with. You can even miss the shift and bounce off the limiter and MAKE IT UP with the shift!

One thing i HATED with my car was the shifting was sloppy and not as responsive as my Dad's later build 06 and the 07's. After the predator i could tap that autostick back and forth FAST and it would stay with me....AWESOME

The POWER is DEFINITELY there! I can't say how much HP difference it feels like as i've never put on a mod with 20+ HP so i don't know how it feels. I WOULD be able to spin the tires from 1st-2nd but i have 24's....BUT they really wanna break loose!

I did a standing burnout on my 24's and shifted into 2ND gear like it was NOTHING.......holy $hit! So sorry guys i forgot to get a video but i have pics of the lines and i'm too scared to lose another 30% of my tread

Shifting at 6600 is PERFECT and feels soo much better. You can damn near get 60mph in first gear on autostick. In drive it shifted at about 6200rpm hence why i don't think my videos do any justice even though they are fast i couldn't record and shift at the same time and Sorry no seatlbelt guys i was too cramped holding the camera and must have missed the seatbelt step....oops this time..

All in all i will be ordering my own Predator very soon but i'm in no hurry cuz i went through a 1/4 tank of gas in 30 mins of city floorin it!

I'm more excited about puttin it on Carlos' car since he has stock rims and tires. THAT WILL BE INSANE!!!

Well everybody enjoy the pics/videos. Compare to my other 24" 0-60 vids and keep in mind THESE(most recent) are 2500ft elevation even though my engine was pretty cold too. I'm THINKING about doing one more 1-2nd gear burnout ON VIDEO but on slick cement........maybe if u ask nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obtvGaOkbY0

On another thread someone asked why the SRT models don't qualify for the "Lifetime Guarantee" ! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the Predator

I know I am as well

Ran my best 0-60 tonight 2.10, sure I was moving but it was cool to see that in EVIC

Anyway this tuner is the way to go after adjusting the fuel and timing a little in the 91 octane CAI tune I ran again a 5.33 with tire spin. Now if I could reduce the spin a bit I am sure there is a 5.2x in the car, not bad for a 5.7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.